jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Images on Hubs redirected

1. ajwrites57 profile image86
    ajwrites57posted 2 years ago

Has anyone ever had images from a Hub hijacked so that the Hub has been flaggerd for violation of TOS?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by hijacked? The images themselves are hosted on Hubpages, so I can't see how that's possible. Do you mean the link you place in the description/source of the image? If so, it's your responsibility to make sure those are legitimate.

ajwrites57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

When I created the Hub about two years ago, the images had a valid link. At some point the images were re-linked to malicious websites. That is what I mean by hijacking or redirecting.

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Have you seen malicious links on any other content online? My first thought would be that you have some type of virus on your computer doing this.

Have you been in contact with the Hubpages team?

Yes, I have, no-no virus. Scanned with several programs. It was in the images themselves. Yes, in contact with Team. Just wanted to know if others ever experienced this. I can't be the only one. Also, don't know why after all this time that I was in violation. if it was a bad link. Also, a little alarmed at being treated as if "I" did something wrong.

1. SheilaMilne profile image95
              SheilaMilneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

A little while ago a number of people found their image links were scrambled (and reported as being bad) even though they had been all right originally and hadn't touched them since.  I wonder if that's in any way connected.

Maybe SheilaMilne.  I just had to delete the images and will need to try to find substitutes.
                thank you and WryLilt for kindly adding your thoughts.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
              psycheskinnerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is not a personal accusation.  It is just far more likely that a redirecton is happening on your end than in Hubages code.  An actual change to the code on your hub made by a third party is extremely unlikely.

Okay thanks psycheskinner.

working