Adsense Application Server Error

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Moto Roads profile image69
    Moto Roadsposted 8 years ago

Hi, has anyone applied to Google Adsense this week? I tried yesterday and today and get this error:

"Cannot connect to the server. Please check your Internet connection and try again."

I tried on different browsers, without a firewall and on my phone on 4g.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sorry you are having problems setting up AdSense with your account.
      It sounds like there may be a connectivity issue with your computer, ISP, etc.

I would suggest trying these trouble shooting steps.

1. Clear your browser cache
      2. Check for and install any browser or OS updates.
      3. Reboot your computer.
      4. Reset any network hardware (cable modems, DSL devices, routers, switches, etc)
      5. Try another browser like Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

Moto Roadsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Matthew, I tried the 5 steps, and still no luck!

It could be an issue with your ISP. Is there another network connection or a computer that uses another ISP that you could try (machine at a library, etc.)?

What sort of internet do you have (dial up, DSL, cable, etc.)
          What is your ISP and where are you located geographically?
          You may want to contact the ISPs support department.

What browsers, browser versions, and operating system are you using?

I will try another computer on Shaw Cable internet this afternoon. I am on a Bell DSL network in Northwestern Ontario. I did however try on mobile, connected to a Rogers data plan, with the same results.

I am using Firefox 41.0, and also tried Internet Explorer.

2. Moto Roads profile image69

Tried on a different computer on a different provider, still getting the same message

Sorry you are still having problems.

I have had no other reports today of any issues associating AdSense.
              If it was an issue with the AdSense servers I would expect it to affect more people. The internet is a weird beast, so it could a weird DNS or other issues that is only affecting a certain region of the world.

You are applying for a new account or I would have you contact AdSense to see if there is an issue, but they would likely pass you back to your ISP or to us.

Unfortunately, there is limited testing I can do as Google only allows a single AdSense account per person so I can't apply for a new one to test to see if I have the same issue.

I contacted our engineering team earlier when you first reported the error and they did not find any issues at that time.

Looks like its been an issue for some before when i google the issue. there is also a hubber that had this issue, but the old discussion is closed for reply. However no solution was posted - http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/124601

That is from a year ago and it would point to a potential issue with that persons network connectivity as well.

could it have something to do with my existing google account?

2. profile image0
                    gulpknowledgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What do you propose?
                    Regional error hardly sounds true, because I had an id (which is not existent anymore) registered in no time, a week then.

3. profile image0

I have done it all, but no result

2. profile image0

same here...its kind of getting annoying now

It is happening to you?

1. profile image0

Yes! I had been trying for a quite while. I think this isn't our problem, I mean, must be something wrong with their system.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image93
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Moto,

Ultimately, HubPages has no control over Google AdSense and the issues you might be experiencing with signing up. I recommend you check out the official AdSense Help Forum and hopefully your issue can be resolved there.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image71

There is a known issue with AdSense at this time.
      You can find a related thread here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2769677

2. Moto Roads profile image69
    Moto Roadsposted 8 years ago

I have a post on the adsense help forum here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/ … FvDpsOj_4J

and here is a screen shot of what i see as far as the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwto41vge4uqa … t.png?dl=0

Here is another screenshot showing a 500 Internal Server Error : http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F% … SiOQ6-9XpA

1. profile image0

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12666578_f248.jpg

I tried again

Very frustrating. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

I have a thread ongoing on Google support forum as well. https://productforums.google.com/forum/ … OCznhBAcyk

1. profile image0

anything new perhaps?

Nothing to report yet. I will be sure to update as soon as I hear

3. poppyseeddog profile image60
    poppyseeddogposted 8 years ago

I have the same problem. Any luck anyone?

1. profile image0

No, Its just so not cool...totally tiring!

4. Earvin Allen profile image83
    Earvin Allenposted 8 years ago

I've been having the same issue the past few days. I've never had an AdSense account and at this rate, it my stay that way. Sigh....

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)