Argh! It's driving me crazy!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Everyday Miracles profile image88
    Everyday Miraclesposted 9 years ago

I have decided for one whole day not to view any of my own hubs. I'm approving comments from my home page and am not replying until tomorrow. I want to see how many "genuine" hits I get in a 24 hour period and this is the best way I can think of to do it, but it's driving me bonkers not replying to comments right away! Ugh!

I'm going to do the same mid-week since it's a Saturday and internet usage tends to drop on the weekends smile

1. aniketgore profile image62
      aniketgoreposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Its a brilliant idea. I will be out to my hometown on 23-26 and i will not be using Internet. So will be checking about the real fact.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image89
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 9 years ago

Interesting idea.  I never thought about doing that.  I can imagine how frustrating it must be.  I go nuts if I don't get the chance to respond to comments right away.  This will give you the chance to read other people's hubs, post stuff in the forums, that sort of thing.  I might try that.  Not visiting my own hubs, just spending time reading, commenting on other hubs, and that sort of thing instead.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image88

Yes, Anna, exactly! I find that in a day I don't do enough reading and commenting and my own fan list is ridiculously low. There are so many excellent hubs out there that I'm not paying attention to. I've already read three just since I posted this (I type and read fast lol) and I'm finding that there really is some gold out there on hubpages!

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image89
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 9 years ago

There really is!!!  Some great people to read are (I know I will be forgetting some, and leaving some out) Blondepoet, Golden Toad, Cris A, Christoph Reilly, C.C. Riter, AEvans, Triplet Mom, Mighty Mom, Pest... there are so many.  I could go on and on.  I hope this helps, or at least gives you some more reading material!!

5. Everyday Miracles profile image88

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to look them up when DH is out mowing the lawn later on tonight. I think we're heading out for at least part of Saturday, since I get trapped in the house all week long and get stir-crazy!

6. Everyday Miracles profile image88

I did 69 views yesterday without me clicking on any of my own links. Not bad on a Saturday for someone who's been here less than two weeks!

I'm waiting until tomorrow to reply to comments and I'm over 70 views today (without me).

7. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 9 years ago

If you use Google Analytics it will show you exactly how many people are viewing your page.  I am able to see which visits come from my city, so I know those are mine.  No need to stay away from your hubs to know the accurate statistics.

8. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 9 years ago

Everyday Miracles, you can use the edit page and read the stats to see where your traffic is coming from. Also you can use Google Analytics to monitor your hubs.  Start now because you must list each URL.  Good idea to read other hubs and to increase your fans.  However, a good rule of thumb is the more original, qualitative and relevant content you write, the more readers you wlll receive.  Hubpages is not a go away and come back to see how many visitors you received.  Hubpages is like any task, the harder you work, the better the results.

1. MotherHubber profile image62
      MotherHubberposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for starting this discussion - I really am learning something new every day about Hub Pages.  I had never bothered to click on the "stats" button (next to edit button.  Just did it for the first time.  Very cool!

Question, though, Linda.  Do you think Google Analytics is worth the bother?  Or is it most of the same info as what you can get from "stats" button on HubPages? Thanks!

9. profile image42
    badcompany99posted 9 years ago

All that info is in your stats on here, daily, weekly and all time for each hub.

1. MotherHubber profile image62
      MotherHubberposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I don't want to be redundant.

10. Everyday Miracles profile image88

The total includes my own visits though, or at least that's what I was told.

Can somebody explain to me *how* to use Google Analytics with Hubpages? I can't seem to get it figured out and it isn't like me to be at such a loss for something like this. It's frustrating and confusing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)