jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Spam Cleanup

1. paradigm search profile image60
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

Have you dropped by http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/comments?co … ilter=Spam in awhile? They've been busy. A Hubber's work is never done... big_smile

I had three.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Just went and checked. Quite a few spam comments; a couple from banned users, one generic "nice article" comment and another guy who basically just copied word for word another comment. Then one was from a real writer/user here on Hubpages;; not sure how that happened. I approved his comment, of course.

2. RTalloni profile image88
      RTalloniposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks…that needed taking care of so appreciate the note on it.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I didn't even know this existed.  Found 4 and am wondering how they made it to my hub comments without my seeing them, as I check my comments regularly.  Some have sat there for many months, and I am wondering whether the public saw them or not as I had not moderated them and the only thing that showed was "spam" and "delete forever".  Only 1 was spam.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the reminder. I don't do this often enough.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I think these are the ones that are caught by the HP spam filter. They are not seen by viewers -- or even you, unless you look for them.

4. Snakesmum profile image80
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the link - it's the first time I've heard of this, and
    I had three comments on my hubs.
    Just as well they aren't visible!  :-)

5. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Wow, thanks for sharing this. I had 24, and only one was a real comment from a hubber. I never knew about this, and thought I always checked my comments. I wonder if you receive notifications of these spam comments.

6. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Para. I checked it out and had several to clean up.

7. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

Haha been a while since I checked this 10 months ago is the oldest one there. By a real hubber and I approved it. There was one really good comment with a link to a spammy site though. Others clearly spam.

8. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

OMGoodness, para. I have so many I didn't even bother to count them. What is the advantage of getting rid of them? Thank you very much.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image94
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 years agoin reply to this

They are there so you can confirm they are spam -- or allow them if they are legit.  Clearing them out just makes it easier to spot new comments that may get caught by the filter.

working