jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: John Snow - Whitewalker or What?

1. Kim Shilling profile image59
    Kim Shillingposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub John Snow - Whitewalker or What? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Two major problems:

1. Too short. You need at least 1000 words, and preferably more.

2. Copyright images. A couple even have copyright symbols on them. You should only use images that are legally in the public domain (not just found via Google) and/ or have a Creative Common license. Unfortunately, you are unlikely to find GoT free-to-use photos. Even stills taken from a screen are still copyright.

1. Kim Shilling profile image59
        Kim Shillingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to solve out this problem...

2. Jeramey Conrad profile image84
      Jeramey Conradposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Third major problem:

3. You are writing about a character whose name you don't even know how to spell -- that doesn't inspire confidence for anyone familiar with the show or books that you would be an authoritative source on the subject. It's Jon Snow.

3. EricDockett profile image100
      EricDockettposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Aside from the other significant issues already mentioned: You have a link telling people go to a Blogspot site to download GoT.  Big no no. Even if it's a legal download (???) and even if your site is highly related to your Hub, (again, I have no idea) I'd think the anchor text with the word "download" would be enough to get your Hub dinged.

1. DrMark1961 profile image99
        DrMark1961posted 2 years agoin reply to this

The avatar that is shown at the top of this hub is not even the person that wrote this; that, to me, indicates someone out spamming for the afternoon. The download issue you pointed out is probably the way he/she is planning on ripping people off/planting malware.