jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Add an "are you sure?" feature when deleting hubs or capsules

1. bravewarrior profile image94
    bravewarriorposted 21 months ago

Yesterday I was editing one of my hubs when a message flashed up that the hub was deleted. I have no idea how I accidentally deleted the entire hub. I was simply fixing a URL.

It would be very helpful if, before any portion of our hubs are deleted (whether intentionally or not), we were given the option to answer an "are you sure you want to delete this?" question. I'm not going to go through the trouble of putting it back up, finding the photos I used, etc. At the very least, leave it in our account and give us a restore option before it's gone for good.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 21 months ago in reply to this

If you delete a hub you will have 24 hours to change your mind.  Only then will it quietly disappear forever.

bravewarriorposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Where can I retrieve it? The title is no longer in My Account.

1. relache profile image84
          relacheposted 21 months ago in reply to this

If it's been 24 hours or more since you hit delete, the Hub will be gone.

If not, it will still be listed on your account page with your other Hubs.

And just so you know, URLs can't be changed once a Hub is created.  They can only be edited prior to the actual Hub creation.  Once a blank Hub exists, the URL is permanent.

I just checked and it's still there - in tact. The weird thing is, yesterday it was gone from My Account. Maybe it was a glitch. I wasn't changing the hub's URL. I was correcting a photo URL.

Anyway, I'd still like to see an "are you sure" option when it comes to deleting.

1. Health Reports profile image93
              Health Reportsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I agree - I accidentally deleted a hub while making significant updates to it. All changes were lost; I wanted to hang myself.

Major bummer. All the more reason to give us the opportunity to verify whether or not we truly want to delete.

2. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 21 months ago

No guarantees, but you might be able to find it here, https://archive.org

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I just looked. The site has changed. Not sure if it is useful anymore or not.

Thanks for your help, paradigmsearch.

3. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 21 months ago

A reasonable suggestion. This feature can be of much help to most of us writers here.

4. Lionrhod profile image90
    Lionrhodposted 21 months ago

I agree that this would be especially good to add to edits/deletions of modules themselves.

Thank you all for your responses. Hopefully Admin will see this and give the suggestion serious consideration.

working