jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Rice with Pigeon Peas - Arroz con Gandules

1. BoriquaFlavorSoul profile image61
    BoriquaFlavorSoulposted 19 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Rice with Pigeon Peas - Arroz con Gandules. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 19 months ago

Why do you keep mentioning Wikipedia in this Hub?

BoriquaFlavorSoulposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for you reply Marisa. Honestly, I did this recipe and it kept saying it wasn't a quality Hub because I needed more text but this was a recipe and I didn't think I needed a lot of text for a recipe Hub so I decided to Wikipedia the History of Arroz con Gandules just to make the text count. Lol I guess that didn't work. I'm up for suggestions and I appreciate any help u can give.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 19 months ago in reply to this

If you copied the history straight from Wikipedia, that is not allowed.

The text in your Hubs has to be your own original writing, not copied from anywhere else.

The section where you talk about making the dish for your boyfriend is fine.

Also consider that most of your readers won't be Puerto Rican so you should explain some of the ingredients.  What's sofrito and where can you buy it?   I notice you have a Hub on how to make sofrito - so mention that you can make your own, and provide a link to that Hub. 

What are gandules?  What can you use instead? (give specific examples).  What's Sazon? 

You could include an Amazon capsule for Goya sazon.

Thank you so much. This information is very helpful.  I'm going to fix all my hubs. That was part of the reason why I put the Wikipedia so that people can have a better understanding.

3. Jesse Drzal profile image87
    Jesse Drzalposted 19 months ago

And why is there an ad for an X box game system on a recipe hub?

I thought I could put anything didn't know it had to be about the topic.

4. Jesse Drzal profile image87

Get rid of that...has to be very closely related to the content of the hub.

Will do. Thanks. I'm going to fix all my Hubs again. Hopefully I will get it right.

5. Jesse Drzal profile image87

Sure. Good luck!!

6. julieann26 profile image81
    julieann26posted 19 months ago

Copying something directly from Wikipedia or any other site is considered plagarism.  Plagarising is something that is considered to be wrong, deceitful and unprofessional.  Your articles will not be featured if the editors discover that you have plagarised someone's else work.

You can go to other websites and books to get your information but you have to write it in your own words as previously stated by Marisa Wright.

Thank you for the feedback Julieanne.  I will definitely be making the changes.

working