If the HP Ad Program CPM suddenly improves...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

...would someone please drop a note?

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to claw and scratch my way across the Straight AdSense payout finish line this month. Probably the last one of those I'm ever going to see as well.

[A reminder to not post specific numbers, that is still a TOU no-no.]

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
      Victoria Lynnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What kind of note would you like dropped? LOL! As far as payout, mine was every month for a couple of years until the last two months when the bottom dropped out. Not sure what happened. Any ideas?

paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have not a clue, but I'm beginning to think the disaster is permanent.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
          Victoria Lynnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ugh. I hope not. Is anyone else talking about this?

There's been lots of sporadic/periodic rants. For me, November was when the decline started. Then come January, everything really went to hell.

1. SheilaMilne profile image92
              SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

For me, exactly the same, and to make things worse, the decline in traffic has been accompanied by CPM being around a third of what it used to be. A double whammy.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about sudden improvement, but my numbers have been steadily increasing for the past few weeks both with regards to views and CPM.  Since my hubs are mostly seasonal, this is the time of year when things start going well, but the point is that I'm doing OK and actually have done better already this year than last year by about 8,000 views.

2. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 8 years ago

I had a major improvement late last year, followed by a somewhat drastic drop and then a rise to close to normal (for me). Friday was really bad traffic-wise, therefore money-wise but now has gone back to close to normal. The time I really got decimated was back when the Squidoo acquisition happened, think I lost 2/3 of traffic and earnings. I've never climbed back up to what I was before that disaster.

So what I'm saying is that my situation is close to the way things got post-Squidoo acquisition. Which is not the best but maybe not the worst; a truly wishy-washy position.

3. no body profile image68
    no bodyposted 8 years ago

I have been writing for many years now on Hubpages for 6 years and I never have had a payout from my adsense. I have a statement of total earnings of over $300 and then a page that looks like I have only $63 toward a payout. I know my articles are not heavy money makers with ads but I have to wonder if the $63 amount is correct after 6 years or the one for $330.82 is correct. I am so dim when it comes to things like this.

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you have total earnings  of over $300 with Adsense, then you should have gotten paid by them by now. The threshold is $100. It should have been deposited into your bank account. Not sure if they still do paper checks, but that would have been the other possible way to get paid, don't know what your setup is.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

My heavens!

First, click Performance Reports at top. Then click All Time at right and see what that has to say.

Then click on the little Gear at top right, then Payment Settings at left. Check or enter a Payment Method. Check or enter a Payment Threshold.

Good luck!!!

1. gmwilliams profile image83
        gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I received payout every month until November 2015.  In February 2016, it plummeted.....Seems like the issue of decreased, abysmal payments is going to be quite a permanent condition around here.

And another weekend looms... Still iffy as to whether I'll finally wiggle across the AdSense payout finish line by the end of the month.

4. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 8 years ago

Not to sound insensitive to decreasing earnings, but since the move to Pethelpful my pageviews are up 30% - 40% and earnings are up as well.  This is net of the lack of Pinterest traffic and those pet hubs left behind on HP, which now sleep with the fishes.  They never got much traffic anyway, so they can rest on the floor of the sea, scattered about the remains of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

I think once they find the mole at Pinterest engineering, we can expect the niche sites to improve our prospects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

-----

Actually, positive news is encouraged here; particularly as to increased HP Ads CPM so I'll know to switch back.

2. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's good news. Sounds like moving to niche sites is a good move, which is what I was thinking and hoping.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, I compared my last 5 days of February using HP Ads to my first 5 days of March using straight AdSense. My March earnings were over 50% higher. What with the number of unknown variables involved, your results may vary.

Until such time as I am advised of a higher HP Ads CPM, looks like I'm sticking with straight AdSense for awhile.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
      Jesse Drzalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Do you think using straight adsence gives the articles a little more Google juice i.e more search engine favor because you are using their ad platform? Just spitballing here.

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have never had the courage to switch to Google AdSense on it's own but am really wondering if now is the time to try it.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
          Jesse Drzalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would..50% higher is quite significant.

1. sallybea profile image95
            sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What happens to the e-Bay and Amazon programs if you switch.  Sales from both of those are at an all time high?  Where exactly do you make the switch?

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Nah, my traffic is still terrible.

My conclusion is the advertisers who pay for impressions have turned into a bunch of deadbeats, while the advertisers who pay for clicks have not.

6. paradigmsearch profile image60

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)