jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Issue with Leaving a Comment on Dengarden

1. PegCole17 profile image91
    PegCole17posted 9 months ago

I read a great article on Dengarden today and when I went to comment I noticed I had to sign in. So I did. That sent me back to the home page of the site rather than allow me to comment. Since I didn't remember the title of the article I had to start again from scratch at the author's profile, scan their carousel and find the hub.

On some of the other sites, signing in allows you to continue on the article and leave your comment.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I just posted a comment on one of the articles on Dengarden to test and it seems to be working fine here. Are you still having issues commenting?

PegCole17posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Hello Christy,
        Today when I tried again, the site let me in to comment, but I had signed in first. I believe the issue is when we try to sign in on the site and then leave a comment. Signing in sometimes takes you to the main page.

2. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I had the same problem today.

3. bravewarrior profile image97
      bravewarriorposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I get that quite often. If I'm reading the article via a notification in my inbox, I sign in as instructed. If I still see the prompt when I go back to the article, I close the tab and re-enter via the link in my email. Scroll down to the bottom and then I'm in. It's a pain, but it's an easy work-around, unless you're hub hopping or reading from someone's profile page.

I hope HP fixes the problem. It seems to happen to me more times than not.

+1

4. Carb Diva profile image88
      Carb Divaposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I agree, this seems to be an issue with just the niche sites. Articles in Hubs don't require you to sign in (again). It's also a problem for the person who is the author. To reply to a comment, you need to re-log in.

It's a pain.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image87
        SakinaNasir53posted 9 months ago in reply to this

I agree. I am suffering with this too.

2. UnnamedHarald profile image92
        UnnamedHaraldposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I've noticed this, also-- even as the author. The banner line shows my name (because I am logged in) but below, where I want to comment, it says I need to sign in.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image87
          SakinaNasir53posted 9 months ago in reply to this

I thought I was the only one facing this problem. Thanks PegCole17 for bringing this issue under notice.

I'm glad it's not just me, although, not really. It probably affects the number of comments we get.

2. bravewarrior profile image97
          bravewarriorposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Yep, I get that too, Harald.

5. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, everyone, for clarifying and reporting. I'll check with Engineering about this.

2. jackclee lm profile image71
    jackclee lmposted 9 months ago

Yes, it happens on other niche sites as well. It appears to be a bug. On some pages, it has no problem knowing who I was, but on other pages, it force you to sign in...

3. BarbRad profile image86
    BarbRadposted 9 months ago

It has also happened to me, and I think it discourages people from commenting -- especially if they don't belong to HubPages. Does it help to go to your account and try to answer all comments from the comments tab?

working