jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

told my first hub is too spammy? help!

1. Melissa Dewey profile image68
    Melissa Deweyposted 8 months ago

ok so first off...
    i don't have any links
    i don't have any products
    i had italized bullet points that i switched to regular but that was the only use of italics nothing is bolded

i'm confused as to what is spammy about it?

http://hubpages.com/relationships/Dont-be-a-Jerk

thats the article i just republished idk if it will stay up...

2. greenmind profile image90
    greenmindposted 8 months ago

Hey MD -- sometimes it's really hard to tell why a work trips the "spammy" filter. Sadly in my experience there is often nothing that can be done once that happens, and trying to fix it turns into a frustrating waste of time. In this case I suspect the powers that be think that this piece is too general, on a topic that's too common, and is written just to generate clicks and not from a personal experience. Too bad, because it's more than that. If I were you I would regroup, write a punchy hub or two (about 1200 words) about something that you experienced (with detail and specificity), and pop in an Amazon module relationship book that you can personally recommend. Do that a few times and see what happens.
    I would also save the one you wrote to a word file and delete the original hub. You can always use bits and pieces of that hub in future ones -- I do that all the time.
    Good luck and it's nice to see a new hubber with writing talent.

1. Melissa Dewey profile image68
      Melissa Deweyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

i actually wrote it in word and then formatted to here so at least it's saved

i have a few other pieces i'm working on hopefully the powers that be like those better lol

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 months ago

Are you sure the problem is spammy elements, or did you just get a generic email which mentioned several possible reasons, that being only one of them?

4. Melissa Dewey profile image68
    Melissa Deweyposted 8 months ago

Nevermind!
    It is now featured smile

working