jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Okay, HELP!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months ago

I hope someone is crawling through the forums right now, as I have a right-now issue I can't figure out.

I was editing a text capsule within a hub, and it somehow jumped to the top of the page.  I mean, WAY to the top!  The 'save' button is invisible off the top of the screen,  and the scroll bar is already at the highest position to try and retrieve the capsule to save it.

I can't figure out how to make it come back down where it belongs, so I can give it a good spanking for being so naughty!  lol

1. TessSchlesinger profile image93
      TessSchlesingerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Things like that happen occasionally.

1. Go to your zoom button on your browser and make it smaller until you can see where the save button is. Then save and move on.

2. Or simply close your hub and reopen. Hubpages generally saves what you have written. I know that because my browser sometimes shuts down for no explanation and when I got there, my work is saved.

3. Do all your work in Word first (I always do) and then just copy and paste. So if something goes wrong, your work isn't lost.

DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Whew!  Thanks, Tess!  shrinking the browser did not help; I ended up having to just close the page and go back in.
        Fortunately, as you say, what I was working on was already saved.  I usually do write my articles first in Word, but this was just some minor tweaking--moving a couple of things around, and changing a word or two here and there.
        Gads, but I have a love/hate relationship with computers!

1. TessSchlesinger profile image93
          TessSchlesingerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

You and me, both! Some years ago, I took the step to save all my work on an external harddrive and keep nothing on my harddrive. Saves a lot of worries! smile

2. bravewarrior profile image96
        bravewarriorposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I'm a huge proponent of working in Word, then copy/paste into HP. That way you have permanent record of your work.

2. Carola Finch profile image97
    Carola Finchposted 8 months ago

Go into edit mode for your article.  You will see a lot of icons there on the right sidebar.  Look for "Organize Your Content."  Click on that and it will show the capsules of your article with the first lines or titles on text  capsules.  Just move the capsule where you want it to go on the page.  I use this all the time to move photos and stuff when I am not happy with the order.

DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Ah--okay, I hadn't thought about that, as I never use it; I just manually move capsules with the arrows.
      In this case, I was in edit mode, and I don't know how the top of the capsule 'escaped' from the screen!  neutral

1. PegCole17 profile image91
        PegCole17posted 8 months ago in reply to this

This jumping around thing has been happening to me as I work on hubs, too. Not sure why.

1. sallybea profile image98
          sallybeaposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I am having the same problem, especially difficult when you use a lot of images like I do.  I am continually having to scroll to the right place.  I think it should be reported as a bug.

working