jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How to get my photo's located exactly where I want them?

1. samnashy profile image81
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

How to get my photo's located exactly where I want them?

How do I get my photo's where I want them?  I can move them up and down but I can't seem to get them next to certain paragraphs/text where I want them.  Anyone, please???

2. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

I think the best you can do is organize your text into various text capsules. Then you can place the image inside/above or below the text capsule. Good luck.

samnashyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much I will try this

3. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

Hi! With certain capsules, including the photo capsule, when editing the hub they can be moved to the right by clicking the Right Arrow. This will right justify it and make it half width. Then, to put it to the right of the following capsule, click its' Down Arrow. To put it to the right of the previous capsule, click its' Up Arrow.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your help, things seem much clearer.

4. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 5 years ago

It's all about manipulating the capsules and breaking up your text into separate text capsules so that you can place the photo next to it's related section of the hub. In some cases where you might want it lower/beside the text capsule, try adding a map capsule, amazon capsule or poll capsule above the photo and beside the same text. This will push the photo down toward the bottom of that particular text capsule.

There are really a lot of ways to manipulate the location of capsules. Sometimes I'll even hit "enter", "enter", "enter" to create space at the end of a text capsule and push the next one down a bit.

I've learned that incorporating as many capsules (as they make sense) as possible will help not only with page layout but also giving your reading a more easily read hub and all the information they could need on one page.

thanks so much. I have been putting all my text into one capsule. I didn't even think to split the capsule.  Really helpful, thanks again.

5. wordsmith2418 profile image89
    wordsmith2418posted 5 years ago

If you create a text capsule and then create a photo capsule next. You can use the side arrow to get it to one side, then up and it should go into the text capsule so the text is on one side and the photo is right next to it. Hope this makes sense and helps.

It makes perfect sense. Thanks do much.

working