jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: A MAN OF COURAGE & COMPASSION

1. mslizzee profile image80
    mslizzeeposted 7 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub A MAN OF COURAGE & COMPASSION. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image97
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 months ago

A few issues:

The headline should not be in all caps, but in Title Face.

The images are unattributed. They should be free of copyright restrictions. Also, spread them out throughout your story and make them full width. If set to the right images play havoc with text on mobile devices where most of our audience is.

You spell Mohamed two different ways.

Hope that helps.

mslizzeeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thank you. That is helpful.

3. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 7 months ago

What Rupert said...

At least one of those images has a visible copyright notice on it. You can't republish copyright images - you could be landed with a large bill.

Your title needs to be searchable. Will people be searching for it? Doubtful.

There are already a lot of articles about this man on the web, and your text looks like a thin rewrite. It is likely to be flagged as duplicate/copied content. I can take any sentence from your article, paste it into Google and up pop similarly written pieces. Why not write about something that you know instead of rehashing other people's work? A topic that is personal to you?

mslizzeeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

thank you. I wrote about it because I was so touched by his dedication. No other reason. Not trying to prove anything.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Reading my message again, I'm sorry I came over as a bit harsh. I looked at some of your hubs and they are very wide and varied.

working