jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Fresh beginner writer

1. profile image62
    Roshaunda11posted 6 months ago

Hello hub writer's I'm new to the family.. I'm asking and with words of kindness if anyone could guide me a little on this new journey I desire so much as a writer, And follow my page. I thank you'll in advance..

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi Roshaunda11! Welcome to HubPages. smile

1. I believe it is always better to write about topics that you are genuinely passionate about.

2. Avoid too much bold and italics.

3. While linking, be careful to only link those sites that are absolutely essential.

4. Amazon products, if included, must be directly related to the title of your hub.

5. Callout capsules are good to highlight important points.

6. Tables are great to minimise information. Polls increase reader engagement.

7. Use bullets and numbering format to give your hub a neater look and make it easily scannable.

8. Always add images that are your own or those in the public domain  (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great for free images. Flickr is good too. But you need to search for images in the Creative Commons there.

9. Author Bio is a must for every hub. You can make upto 25 bios. Make sure you use them appropriately.

10. We are always here for any help in the forums. Good luck with your hubs!

1. profile image62
        Roshaunda11posted 6 months ago in reply to this

I thank you so dearly for such helpful, information. I know the information u provided will bless my writing formation.. Thanks

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
          SakinaNasir53posted 6 months ago in reply to this

You're most welcome! smile

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 6 months ago

Start here: https://hubpageshelp.com/ Good luck

3. profile image62
    Roshaunda11posted 6 months ago

Thank you so much and great success on your journey as well

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image83
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 6 months ago

Welcome to HubPages! Wish you all the best!

5. Nancy Owens profile image86
    Nancy Owensposted 6 months ago

My best advice is to just keep writing. Get to know the community, read the work of other writers, and study the FAQs and Learning Center
    http://hubpages.com/faq/

Good Luck. Hope you have fun here.

6. GreenEyes1607 profile image91
    GreenEyes1607posted 6 months ago

Welcome to the Hubpages community! I have found that the best way to find success on this site is to keep writing. Write as much as you can about the topics that interest you the most. Your passion will show through your writing and your readers will love your work. Good luck.

7. NurseFlood profile image84
    NurseFloodposted 6 months ago

Welcome and Good luck!  Write content that you are passionate about.  Make sure your grammar and spelling is on point.  Write longer articles with added media.  Finally, be patient!

8. Bobski606 profile image92
    Bobski606posted 6 months ago

Welcome to the team! I personally find it helpful to remind myself that a hub should be very specific and shouldn't really go into more than 2-3 aspects (there are exceptions) as it keeps your reader focus and your writing on track.

9. Thelma Alberts profile image83
    Thelma Albertsposted 6 months ago

I see you already received good advices. Follow them. Good luck! Welcome to Hubpages.

working