I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Nafplio city: 10 reasons to visit it, historic data, places to visit and hotel prices. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Quite a few problems here:
1. The title is too long. It's not in title case and it's trying to do too much. "Nafplio Travel Information" would cover it.
2. No proper introduction. Every article needs an introduction to explain what it's about, why you needed to write it and why the reader should keep reading.
3. The facts appear to be a thin re-write of a Wikipedia page. If you don't know the city, or you've never visited, don't write about it. You have to be able to write about a place intimately: first impressions, whether you enjoyed your visit, little known facts, etcetera.
4. Following on from that, there's no heart in the article. No enthusiasm or passion. I found myself skimming through because there was no personal voice.
5. Proofread carefully. Bullets don't shoot people, people do. Look out for errant apostrophes: 1700's should be 1700s or 'in the 18th century'.
6. Make sure your images are legal-to-use: Creative Commons or Public Domain. Add the source to the relevant field in the capsule. Better still, use your own.
7. Too many "You can"s. Could you rewrite them?
Hope that helps.
First of all I must agree to Theraggededge.
From my point of view (and I just skimmed over the text) you need an introduction and you should explain where the city is. Best already in the title. Kind of: "Come to Nafplio/Greece - I tell you why".
I had a vague idea that it might be Greece, but I've never heard about this city before. Then, you should write from your point of view and not from any travel guidebook or in the style of such a guidebook. If you write an article about any place you really must know it and at least have been there once. It doesn't make any sense to recommend a travel to a place that you don't know yourself. So, this is just my quick impression which actually shows a part of what you should improve in your article. All the best and good luck!
by C L Mitchell2 years ago
Hi Hubbers,This is the first time that I've had one of my hubs not featured so quite disappointed. I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process on my Hub 10 Reasons You Should Move to Ireland. The...
by Andria6 years ago
Five Reasons To Visit São Paulo
by FaithDream6 years ago
How do you maintain a positive attitude and not give up on writing at HubPages?With the recent google changes, the virus alerts, and the viewer drops, how can a person stay upbeat and positive writing on here? I am...
by L.A. Walsh8 years ago
Top 10 reasons to (or not to) move to Virginia.
by pcdeveloper6 years ago
10 Reasons not to upgrade to Windows 7 now
by alexatomas6 years ago
What inspires you or motivates you to write on hubpages?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.