jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Can we add our own Twitter Button?

1. Nell Rose profile image93
    Nell Roseposted 8 months ago

Purely because i find it so cumbersome having to keep opening twitter, copy paste and so on. Then because it doesn't always show the url we then have to write out the Title and so on. I know hubstaff took it down, but I am so used to using it its a pain.
    But the main reason is that my earnings have dropped liked a stone down the drain! not sure if this is the problem but it can't be helping!
    Any ideas? i can't quite work out what the hell they are talking about at twitter concerning buttons for sites etc.

1. always exploring profile image85
      always exploringposted 8 months agoin reply to this

I miss twitter too. How would we add a twitter button?

2. PhoenixV profile image81
      PhoenixVposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Maybe there is some Twitter addon or app for your browser.

2. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 8 months ago

I don't think we can, Nell. I've been doing copy and paste to Twitter on desktop or tweeting articles from my phone. It's just as easy.

1. Nell Rose profile image93
      Nell Roseposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Jan smile

3. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 8 months ago

Nell, The Twitter button cannot be added. It was removed since Twitter was not doing as well as Flipboard, which was added.

As far a tweeting, why do you say it doesn't always show the URL?  Of course it does – if you look in the right place. The URL is always in the URL field of your browser when you are on that page (hub). You can't take it from your stats list if that's what you are doing. (The stats list has special forwarding URLs for niche sites).

Just click to your hub and copy the URL from the URL field.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
      DzyMsLizzyposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Glenn, I beg to differ.  On the stats page, if you right-click on any title, there is a choice to "copy link address." Then just go to wherever it is you want to showcase the article, and choose 'paste.'  Presto!  I just use that at any time I want to promote a hub on FB, Twitter, etc. It works just fine, regardless of whether it's going to a niche site, or staying here on HP.

1. janshares profile image97
        jansharesposted 8 months agoin reply to this

+1

2. Glenn Stok profile image100
        Glenn Stokposted 8 months agoin reply to this

It works for pasting to some sites but not all. Some sites can't follow the logon link. 

Take a look at the URL you're pasting and you'll see what I mean. Niche sites have extra code that logs you into the niche site when you click from the account stats pages. That's not the URL you really want to copy and paste.

Hubs on the main site have the standard URL in the stats page and with those you can do it as you describe.

1. Venkatachari M profile image80
          Venkatachari Mposted 8 months agoin reply to this

I didn't realize this difference in URLs. Thanks, Glenn, for pointing out this fact.
          I, however, always open my hub and then copy the URL and paste it wherever I want to share it.

1. Glenn Stok profile image100
            Glenn Stokposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Correct! That's the right way to do it. That was the point I was trying to make.

4. Nell Rose profile image93
    Nell Roseposted 8 months ago

Not sure what all the hoo was about the stats? I always take the url from the main hub page at the top. It was just that I wanted an easier way to click from the hub like we always did. But thank you all for answering, back to just copy and paste smile

1. PhoenixV profile image81
      PhoenixVposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Probably just click a button on your browser if you loaded an addon. Itd pop open a new window or tab complete with title and url then share. No copy no pasting.

working