|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
Hello everyone, I have published my third hub today and I think I did a better job than on the first two. I really enjoy writing these hubs and I would like to write more regularly, and I would really appreciate to know what you think of it, and what tips you might have to offer.
Hi, one suggestion - under the arguments section in favour of and against independence, you could bold the main points. This way they would immediately catch the eye of the reader and break the monotony of the text also, which at present appears to be a wall of content under these headings. Hoping my suggestion would be helpful, thanks, regards...
Here is the link to your hub: https://hubpages.com/politics/The-futur … and-the-UK
Welcome to Hubpages. You have a nice style of writing.
The main problem with your article is that it isn't 'evergreen'. HP wants articles that are just as current in two years as they are now. Yours will need constant editing as circumstances change.
There are some problems with capitalisation: Prime Minister, Article 50, EU - all need to be capitalised.
Your sub-headings should be in title case.
Read the text through out loud to pick up grammar problems, such as, "Why have second referendum..."
Move the poll to the end of the article. Google wants to see a proper intro 'above the fold', not a poll.
Go through the text and weed out 'woolly' phrases. For example: "All this is leading to worries about the state in which the union is, and is leaving with questions that need answered."
"People are worried about the state of the union (UK), and are left with unanswered questions."
You've missed out some fundamental points in your article:
1. Scotland sells far more to the UK to the EU. What could happen as regards tariffs?
2. Westminster is devolving power to Scotland. The EU will take power as it follows its aims of 'ever closer union'.
3. Following on... why does Scotland want independence outside the UK but is willing to subjugate that independence to Brussels?
4. You briefly mention currency but it needs expanding. A country's currency is the basis of its economy, and thus the well-being of its citizens.
5. Scotland could find itself in an economic no-man's land between leaving the UK and joining the EU. What are the contingency plans?
6. There's no guarantee at the moment that Scotland will be allowed to join the EU.
7. Would the EU even want another net beneficiary? At the moment, Scotland, together with the UK, is a net contributor.
8. The SNP uses immigration as an argument, but the British Government has already clearly stated that immigration will not cease. Instead the UK will adopt 'selective immigration', meaning that people coming here will have skills and jobs prior to migration. At the same time, this means that the UK can choose people from anywhere in the world (including the EU), rather than being forced to take unlimited EU immigrants who come here on spec.
Hope that helps
by Liz Westwood6 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article A Flavour of Porto. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Zett Noir Cromwell6 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Beliefs and Superstitions in the Philippines and the Truth about Them. What can I do to improve?...
by Cathleena Beams5 years ago
Do you reply back to each person who leaves a comment on your hubs?Please explain the reason why you do or do not. I am wondering if I need to do this or not since I have noticed that some folks do this pretty...
by Kari Poulsen9 months ago
Hi Everyone...I was wondering if I could get some feedback and criticism on my hub, How to Get a Little Revenge This Mother's Day--Gifts for Your Mother-In-Law. I would also appreciate any views and/or...
by Kai-alexander Morgan13 days ago
I posted an article earlier today about Clara Harris. She ran over her husband, killing him with her Mercedes-Benz in 2002. I would really appreciate your feedback. http://hub.me/alZR7Thank you.-KaM
by Neha Sadana10 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 12 Remedies to Get Rid of Toothache and Relieve Pain at Home. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.