jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

HubPages Earnings

1. ShailaSheshadri profile image81
    ShailaSheshadriposted 5 months ago

Hi friends,
    In earning reports, we have two columns-1.my earnings and 2. Balance history.

I want to know,
    1. whether the amount shown in the 'my earning' column is after deducting hubpages portion(40%) of the income?
    2. In the month of March 2017, My earning report shows $1.75. If I go to balance history, it shows $0.92(from 1st March to 31st march). Can you please tell me, why this difference?

2. chasmac profile image98
    chasmacposted 5 months ago

1. Yes. To be  clear, HubPages doesn't deduct 40% from your earnings. 40% of the time, ads are credited to HubPages, not you. Those HP earnings are not recorded in your account so what you see is what you get.

2. They should be the same UNLESS, you also made any Amazon sales. Amazon sales take an extra month to process to allow time for returned items. So look again for any Amazon sales that account for the difference.

3. ShailaSheshadri profile image81
    ShailaSheshadriposted 5 months ago

Thank you so much. Now I see, there was an Amazon sale in Mar 2017, with my earning $0.83. Both together is exactly the same amount($1.75). I got it!

1. Rupert Taylor profile image95
      Rupert Taylorposted 5 months ago

Shally you can't use HubPages to sell products.

2. Engelta profile image71
      Engeltaposted 5 months ago

I have noticed this difference too and after doing some calculations I reached this conclusion.
      Your ADSENSE earnings of March will be paid on April. While AMAZON or ebay (before) earnings of March will be paid on May. That's why it is not the same.
      If you want me to make it more clear to you it goes like this.
      Lets say you have earned from adsense 40$ on march, and from amazon 5$, which earnings reports will show 45$ for march. While in your balance history, this 40$ will be paid on april, along with amazon earnings from february which may be like 2$. So in April you will get 42$.
      Then in April you earn from adsense 50$ and none from amazon. This 50$ of April will be paid on May, along with the 5$ from amazon on March, which will be paid on May. So on May you get 55$ in total.

So, the long story short, Adsense pays you after 1 month, while Amazon pays you after 2 months. The Balance History just adds them up, and pays you the whole amount.

1. ShailaSheshadri profile image81
        ShailaSheshadriposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Dear Engelta, thanks for explaining in detail the Hubpages earnings program. Now it is clear to me. Have a good day!

working