Help needed with title and author bio

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. SakinaNasir53 profile image94
    SakinaNasir53posted 7 years ago

Hello everyone! smile

I need some help with the title and author bio of this hub. The editor who has reviewed my article says that I need to use the APA guidelines, work on the spelling and grammar, condense the information and also has pointed out these things additionally:

1. Please revise your title so that it more accurately reflects your article's content.

2. Also, revise your About the Author bio so that it adds credibility to this specific topic (Kuwait).

Here is the link to my hub:

https://hubpages.com/education/History- … -of-Kuwait

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 7 years ago

"Sakina is in her final year of an English Literature BA and has tutored Arab students too. She writes on pets, health, food, and life."

This does not explain why you know about Kuwait, create a bio telling people you lived in Kuwait and therefore have the knowledge to write about it.

Go here: http://capitalizemytitle.com/ Click on APA and paste in your titles and headings of capsules to get them in APA style.

Hope others can help you with the rest of your questions.

SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much lobobrandon for helping me out. smile

3. simplehappylife profile image68
    simplehappylifeposted 7 years ago

Maybe something like this for your bio?  "Sakina is in her final year of an English Literature BA and while living in Kuwait, teaches English to Arab students."

4. simplehappylife profile image68

or...
    "Sakina is in her final year of an English Literature BA. She currently lives in Kuwait, & teaches English to Arab students in her spare time."

I didn't check if that is too many characters.

Thank you SA Willaims for helping me out. smile

5. simplehappylife profile image68

I thought your title was fine, but maybe something like,

"The History of Life in Kuwait"

"The History of Kuwait"

6. simplehappylife profile image68

or, "The Struggles and Progression of Kuwaiti Culture"

That's nice. smile

7. simplehappylife profile image68

very interesting article by the way smile  I've been to Kuwait (a very long time ago) and had no idea what they have gone through <3

Thank you SA Williams for appreciating. smile

8. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Sakina, do you understand that you can write several different bios?  Go to "My Account", then click on "About the Author", and you will see where you can create them.  Then you assign them to specific Hubs.

What HubPages wants is for you to write a bio that shows why you are qualified to write on that specific subject.  So, for instance, on my dance Hubs I have a bio that says:

"Marisa Wright is an Australian writer and dancer with nearly 40 years' experience in ballet, jazz, flamenco, ballroom, Latin and bellydance."

but on my Hub about cataracts, none of that would be relevant, so I've written a special bio that says,

"When my husband needed cataract surgery, I struggled to find information on after-care. This article is the result of my hours of research."

So in this case, your bio needs to show why you are a good person to write about Kuwait.   You might say something like, "Sakina Nasir has lived in Kuwait for 14 years and enjoys researching its history and culture".   

Then if you write more Hubs about Kuwait (which I think you should), you would use that same bio for those Hubs.

Thank you so much Marisa, this helped a lot. smile I will change my bio as well.

9. Marisa Wright profile image87

Some more comments about the Hub:

I would suggest "The History and Economy of Kuwait" as a title (don't forget to change the heading "Occupations" in the Hub).

I think I may have been the person who suggested using Callout capsules for headings.   HubPages has changed its mind about those now - on my most recent Hub, I was asked to remove all of them and use the capsule headings instead!   

You don't need the caption "the map of the country Kuwait" under the map.

I think your biggest problem is that you still have an irrelevant introduction about camels, and that is confusing the moderator.   Ask yourself, what do camels have to do with the title? Nothing, so delete all of that section. 

Your section about unbearable living conditions is also in the wrong place..  Talk about how the Bedouins settled first, then talk about how hard the living conditions were for them, and perhaps also how they overcame them (if you know).   Why did they settle there if it was so harsh?  Explain that - maybe they had no alternative, because the camels could not travel during the drought, but that needs to be explained as part of the story, so it's clear why you are mentioning it.

The poll is rather meaningless, I would delete it.  You could have one at the end asking people if they would like to visit Kuwait after reading your Hub.

The title of the Hub is "History..."  so you don't need a callout capsule and a title both saying the same thing.  Delete both.

Thank you so much Marisa, you have explained everything so well, I will make the edits as soon as possible. You're right, it does seem confusing, thank you for pointing out the mistakes.

Also, I ask about this advice of yours:

"(don't forget to change the heading "Occupations" in the Hub)."

So, I should change "Occupations" to "Economy". Right?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I think so.

Thank you Marisa. smile

2. Ashish Dadgaa profile image46
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

@Marisa Wright,

Very nicely described. I liked the way you said this and made it understand. This multiple bio thing happened after a launch of niche sites, am I correct?

10. Marisa Wright profile image87

One more thing.

I was confused about why you had chosen to number your paragraphs in both versions of this Hub.  Then I remembered - HubPages has said they like numbered lists.

That does not mean numbered sentences! 

Numbering is only appropriate if you can offer a LIST of some kind.   For instance, "Five Historical Sites to Visit in Kuwait".   You can't just write a paragraph of information and then number the sentences.

Marisa, I have removed the numbering from the paragraphs I had written under "History", as you had advised me last time. Actually, this hub was written when I had newly joined, that's why it's confusing in some portions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)