jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)

Does Mixx and Proppeler blocked hubpages? and why?

1. aniketgore profile image64
    aniketgoreposted 8 years ago

Does Mixx and Proppeler blocked hubpages? and why? Do u exp it same?

1. Lgali profile image57
      Lgaliposted 8 years agoin reply to this

what is Proppeler?

2. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Did not check, but considering the number of hubbers religiously promoting their own hubs no matter what TOS says it wouldn't surprise me...

3. BristolBoy profile image78
    BristolBoyposted 8 years ago

The risk of getting the site banned is why I no longer submit my own articles to any such sites.  In fact, the most I ever do now is add a link to my hub on Jaiku.com (it's a bit like Twitter).

4. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 8 years ago

I would say any site that is a content sharing site will not look favorably on over promotional content.

5. WeddingConsultant profile image70
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Propeller did ban hubpages courtesy of spammy hubbers.

The long and the short: Don't be a spammy over-promoter. Please. You ruin it for everyone here.

6. jGaunt profile image70
    jGauntposted 8 years ago

Mixx hasn't blocked hubpages, but Proppeler has.

Both of them are social bookmarking sites.

7. aniketgore profile image64
    aniketgoreposted 8 years ago

I was submitting to mixx just before some times it didnt accepted it.

1. BristolBoy profile image78
      BristolBoyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They may have blocked your personal account.

1. WeddingConsultant profile image70
        WeddingConsultantposted 8 years agoin reply to this

And if you're spamming it, rightly so

1. aniketgore profile image64
          aniketgoreposted 8 years agoin reply to this

LOL i am not spamming at all. Actually rarely i use to promote my hubs. Just if i think it can be good to promote them.

8. Profmaggy profile image60
    Profmaggyposted 8 years ago

What's the point of sharing to these other sites then?  I've only been blogging and hubbing for a few weeks so I only know enough to be dangerous.

9. Maverick_999 profile image56
    Maverick_999posted 8 years ago

i try to submit it on mixx, its my first time and mixx isnt allowing it tongue

10. LondonGirl profile image85
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Mixx has banned all submissions from hubpages.

11. Everyday Miracles profile image87
    Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago

Thanks to LondonGirl, I actually understand *why* this stuff is spam. I didn't get it before, and it only took a gentle shove for me to get it. I'm using tagfoot right now but I'm not doing a lot of promoting. I'm bookmarking things that I want to be able to go back to later because, honestly, I am more organized on tagfoot than I am in my personal bookmarks.

If we were all using the social bookmarking sites that way, sneaking in an occasional link to one of our hubs wouldn't be so much of a problem, would it? If we all were only to promote the really great ones that we want to share, for example. Aren't most of these sites nofollow anyway?

12. LondonGirl profile image85
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Digg, Mixx and tagfoot are all "do-follow". There are some hubbers who are shocking on Digg, major spammers.

13. bgpappa profile image83
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

Not a problem at all.  The problem arises when people only submit their stuff.  The sites get mad when nothing else is offered.

So submit your stuff and check out some of the other stuff on the site.  And submit other things as well, like videos or news stories. 

Like Hubpages, they encourage good community behavior and punish those who do not engage the community except to promote thier own stuff

working