jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (29 posts)

Anyone else seeing a recovery in HealDove?

1. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 4 months ago

My single page is getting nearly ten times the traffic it received shortly after Fred hit. That is still only half of what it got before Fred, but it's a step in the right direction.

Anyone else seeing an improvement?

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

The source of this traffic? And by 10 times was it receiving 1 view a day earlier? big_smile

Will Apseposted 4 months ago in reply to this

We are talking significant numbers and Google traffic or I wouldn't have mentioned it. In fact, the page is now more or less back to where it was before Fred.

I only asked because right now I'm being a sceptic as my caloriebee hub, also my top hub is performing at 50%. That's great news and I hope it sticks around and it should be across the board.

2. Terrielynn1 profile image85
      Terrielynn1posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Yes mine are. I found 2sites that had unauthorized copied articles on them. A couple days ago. Yesterday the were both gone. I think someone had them removed. Mine have been improving since then.

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 4 months ago

BTW why has no one else pitched in here? It's been awfully quiet lately.

Good question. Either the increases are not typical or people are scared of jinxing themselves.

Seems like I spoke some magic words big_smile Hello everyone

You scared them away again, lol.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
            Sherry Hewinsposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I posted earlier, but my post didn't go through. Maybe I was too specific about my numbers.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 months ago

Mine popped up today. It's back to the low average of what it was before Fred, and it's all Google traffic.

4. Solaras profile image92
    Solarasposted 4 months ago

Of my two Healdove articles, one is experiencing a rebound with an up arrow, they other never really took a hit. CPM though remains half of what it was, and that is lame. Traffic on Pethelpful is still of 20-25% for me.

5. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 4 months ago

Yes, Will, I have definitely seen it with the article that took the worst hit. I'm surprised and pleased. I hope it keeps up. Thanks, HP, if this is due to your efforts to restore HealDove. Mission accomplished. smile Fingers crossed.

It might be HP's efforts or it might be a further change in Google's algo. Maybe the original Fred was not surfacing the best content in the way it was meant to.

Either way, I'm sure it is a relief for  everyone. Except maybe, the 'quit HP immediately' gang. lol. They might have to go undermine some other site for a while.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
        Jesse Drzalposted 4 months ago in reply to this

..or tell everyone how delightful their blog is.

Many blogs are mislocated. In fact, most have no right to be where the sun shines.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
            Jesse Drzalposted 4 months ago in reply to this

+300 billion.

2. lobobrandon profile image83

Does caloriebee count as another site? I'm not complaining just adding to the discussion and giving the naysayers some ideas wink

I didn't realise that Caloriebee had taken a similar hit to Healdove.

I can't believe that Caloriebee comes into the 'money or your life' category. If I was looking for a weakness on that site, I would come up with 'unoriginality'. It is hard to be original with recipes. But then competitors would have the same issue.

Perhaps the user metrics are not great for those 2 sites. Or they are not picking up inbound links as well as the other sites...

I would try to identify some common factors.

3. NateB11 profile image94
        NateB11posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Lol

6. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 4 months ago

Fingers crossed, touch wood and white rabbits.....I think I covered it? Yep its up....slightly! lol!

7. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 4 months ago

Five out of six of my hubs in HealDove have a big jump in the past 24 hours. Too soon to know if this is just a one-day glitch. It's mostly from Google so I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

8. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 months ago

I have never seen numbers shoot up so fast! Usually it's a slow climb, then a sudden drop, then a slow climb again. This time they are going up like a rocket. I'm happy, but it makes me a little uneasy.

I reckon Paul's paying Russian hackers to crack open Google HQ and give us all a triple A rating. How could that go wrong?

9. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 months ago

Healdove and Caloriebee have bounced back. While we are always working to improve sites, we know that things bounce around from time to time.  We doubt we did enough work to recover those sites, so google must have changed a dial.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul, for the information, and all your hard work. Something certainly changed in a short span of time. Perhaps they they recognized the error of their ways smile

2. Terrielynn1 profile image85
      Terrielynn1posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Paul and the HP Team. I see an improvement already.

3. viryabo profile image87
      viryaboposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Paul. This is very reassuring.
      I too notice my numbers on Healdove rising...

10. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 4 months ago

Wow I woke up to traffic lots of it. HP 24 hour stats have a 100% increase from yesterday and real time analytics is looking nice with many blue bars again smile My top caloriebee article is not back at it's usual yet, but almost.

working