jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Indian Handicraft Types – MetalWare, StoneWare & Wo

1. Deepika ojha profile image82
    Deepika ojhaposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Indian Handicraft Types – MetalWare, StoneWare & WoodWares. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Please help me, I am little pissed of. I am understanding why my article is not getting featured rather its score is high then my previous article which is featured. Is there a problem in the images or something else. anyone can find please give your suggestion.

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

As I've mentioned before, your English is probably the main problem for your hubs being unfeatured. Also, if they are not attracting any traffic, that will also cause them to be unfeatured.

Having said that, your English is much improved and I can't see that it would prevent the hub being published and featured.

Ignore hub scores, they mean nothing.

Your images are fine, as long as they are all Creative Commons licensed. I checked the first one and it is perfectly legal to use.

You need to make sure your sub-headings are in title case. Google it if you aren't sure. The title for the poll at the bottom is a mess. It should be, "Which Kind of Craft Do You Like the Most?"

In your second paragraph, you use the word 'different' four times in two sentences. Could you find a 'different' word? Or rewrite the paragraph, "India is made up of culturally diverse regions. Each is influenced by their own traditions and culture. This means that the craft items they make are also diverse and unique to their area." Shorter sentences are clearer and easier to write. Don't make writing more difficult than it already is.

I can't really see why it's not working. You haven't included any links. You haven't copied and pasted from elsewhere, have you? Or rewritten text from other websites? I really don't know what the problem is.

1. profile image60
        DavidRoss1posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hi Ragged Edge,

I am new here, and saw that you mentioned attracting traffic. I was wondering how people here generate traffic to their articles.

Thanks.

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hi David,

You need traffic, i.e. readers, to your articles if you want it to remain 'featured' (visible to search engines) and if you want to earn from your writing.

The first method is to write high quality, well-written, useful  magazine-style articles on a topic that people are searching for.

You can then promote your article, if you wish, by various means, such as linking to it from a personal website, posting a link on Facebook and other social media sites and sending a link to your friends, who will also share it on their social media.

Personally, I only use the first method big_smile

2. profile image60
      DavidRoss1posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hello Deepika,

When I click your link, it doesn't take me to your article. Instead, to a "404. Page does not exist" error page.

2. ketan pande profile image79
    ketan pandeposted 5 months ago

Please proofread your article and try to avoid passive voice.

working