jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Welfare Crisis

1. Federic087 profile image40
    Federic087posted 4 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub  What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 4 months ago in reply to this

It also helps to show both sides of a topic.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image97
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 months ago

You need to include the link to your article that HP sent in an email to you, otherwise nobody can see it or help you.

3. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 4 months ago

https://hubpages.com/politics/TheWelfareCrisisRevisited

I can't make out what this article is supposed to be about. It seems to be a bit of a conspiracy rant. It certainly isn't written to the title. It also seems to end abruptly with no particular conclusion.

Who is your ideal reader and why would they be searching for this information? Would it be better as a blog post than a magazine-style article, which is what Hubpages is looking for?

4. Federic087 profile image40
    Federic087posted 4 months ago

Thank you for your help. I will take it all in carefully.

5. chasmac profile image99
    chasmacposted 4 months ago

It's too vague, at least at the start; I didn't read much more than that.
    Look
    "Welfare was started to pull families out of dire poverty in this country during one of this country's harshest times."
    Which country? China?

"No one could see how these two Federally subsidized programs would grow into what could possibly be the death of the country."
    I still don't know which country you're talking about.,  but at least I now know it's a country with a federal government... Is it Canada?

"Once the mid-60s came around the nation's President Lindon B. Johnson, ...,"

Although you still haven't told me which country you're referring to, I now know it's the USA because no other country that I know of has ever had a president by that name. But I had to work it out by myself. You should have told me that in your title. Informative Hubs are supposed to inform, not engage readers in guessing games or call upon their powers of deduction to know what you're talking about. So fix your title.

working