I'd like feedback on my Hub: San Francisco (SFO) Airport with a Baby

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)
  1. NurseFlood profile image89
    NurseFloodposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub San Francisco (SFO) Airport with a Baby. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

I removed Amazon links and any affiliate links.  I would appreciate any feedback.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 years ago

I think the out-going links might be a problem. Why would you want to send people away from your article when your goal is to get them to stay and read the entire thing?

Also, TSA? I don't know what it is. You should always spell out the name of an organization in first reference and put its abbreviation in brackets afterwards. Then you can use the abbreviation.

Hope that helps.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image91
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree. The outgoing links are just about the only thing I can see that would hamper this hub. It is informative and useful. In fact, it might be better just to call it "Airport With a Baby," because most of this great advice is pretty much universal, not specific to San Francisco.

The other thing that caught my attention is the bit at the end, the video about Pier 39 and local attractions. That is good information, but not  really relevant  to the airport article. After all, the people reading this would be flying away from San Francisco, not arriving there.

NurseFloodposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  Maybe if I incorporate the bit about local attractions in a separate hub, it will fly.  I can remove the links, I just thought they were beneficial because they had GREAT information regarding travel, but I don't want to send away traffic!

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I think the problem is that the article content isn't relevant to the title.  Most of what you've written is relevant to any person going through SFO airport, not specifically for people with babies.   So you're not sticking to your topic enough.

If you include links they must be relevant to the TITLE of your Hub, so they have the same problem - if you  had linked to one restaurant that had special facilities for babies, you would be fine, but linking to restaurants when you're talking about babies doesn't work.

I'd suggest writing a general article on how to cope with air travel with a baby, unless you are able to give some more specific baby-related tips for SFO airport.

I am a little confused because I felt like it is pretty specific to SFO and to children.  Most items tie back to getting a car seat through the airport.  I also discussed transportation from SFO to downtown.  Maybe I should remove the general links?  Or make the focus on how to travel with children in SFO?  Car seats are not exclusive to babies. 
      Should I just remove all outbound links?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Your title is babies at SFO airport.   That means your whole article has to be about "babies at SFO airport".  You can't take the two halves of the title and write about babies and SFO separately!

What you've currently got is:

1.   a good article of useful tips for managing a baby at ANY airport.
        2.  a separate article about transportation and tourist sights in SFO that have nothing to do with babies (except for one link).   

You need to remove the restaurants link, unless you can find a list of restaurants that has specific information on which one has baby food, or high chairs, or other facilities for children. 

You need to remove the transportation links unless you can give specific advice on how they cater for babies.

If you want to keep the links to sightseeing in San Francisco, then you need to change the title to something about Vacationing in San Francisco with a Baby, then you can cover the whole thing from arrival at SFO through to sightseeing.  But you need to add a paragraph to each sightseeing link, to say why it's good for babies.

Thank you so much for your feedback.  Would you split it into two articles?  It sounds like that's probably my best bet.

As it stands, the first half is a good basis for a general article on babies at airports.  However it wouldn't be long enough on its own, so you need to beef it up.

Alternatively you could use that first half and do some proper research to provide specific advice on SFO airport.  A glance at the airport's own website gave me lots of good information such as which restaurants have kids meals. 

The second half is just a guide to transportation and a few San Francisco sights, stuff that people can find in lots of other places already - so no, I don't think that's worthy of an article in its own right, it's unlikely it would be approved.

Thank you!

4. CHIRAG singhal profile image61
    CHIRAG singhalposted 6 years ago

Hay I also want to ask a question that I am new here so kindly help me:-
    I have written articles and they are not published up to now. As I have also received mail that your first five article has to be passed through WHAT and after that your article will be published . This means that after that I can make money from than. And they also said that after that it will not pass QAT
    Tell in brief that will I be able to make money or not.

Chirag, I have to be honest and say it is unlikely you will make money.  To be successful here, you must have fluent English, like a native speaker.  It's obvious from your post that your English is probably not good enough yet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)