jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Can Amazon Text Links be Used on Other Sites?

1. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 3 months ago

Can they?

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

If you're a member of the HubPages Amazon program, then no - they won't work on other sites.  If you've got your own Amazon affiliate ID direct with Amazon, then yes.

eugbugposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I had a HubPages Amazon affiliate ID from the period when we were paid directly by Amazon rather than earnings being combined with those of the HubPages program. I never reached the payout threshold, so can I use that ID?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 months agoin reply to this

If you were paid directly by Amazon, then it was never a HubPages ID, it was your own ID.   In that case yes, you can use it on other sites - but try logging in to your Amazon account and make sure it's still valid.  Some people have found their accounts closed down due to inactivity.

Ok, it has the text 'HubPages' plus a code appended onto the end.  I don't remember making up the ID. Maybe I was asked when setting up the associates account for a reference and these extra characters were added. Or would HubPages have given us the tracking ID to use?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
            Marisa Wrightposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Aha.  That means it's only for use on HubPages.

I have an additional tracking ID added to my associates account. So do I just need to switch to this ID? Strangely when I do this, the top of the screen shows "Store:"  followed by the HubPages tracking ID. It doesn't change to my new one.
              I thought these IDs are only for tracking purposes so that you can keep track of your earnings from different online activities?

2. lovebuglena profile image92
            lovebuglenaposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I have an Amazon Associates account and my storeID starts with hubp. I know that I did not come up with that name... so yours is probably your own Amazon Associates account and not HubPages amazon account, especially if you can log in to the Amazon Associates site and that ID comes up...

working