jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

No Summary

1. AllAmericanguy profile image79
    AllAmericanguyposted 2 months ago

Why isn't the summary showing up on my article. I'm a first time author and while I see it while I'm in the edit mode, once I'm done and the article was published, it's not there.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages! The summary isn't intended to show up in the article itself. It's a feature that lets you write the text you want to show up in a Google search so that readers browsing results will know what your article is about.

1. AllAmericanguy profile image79
        AllAmericanguyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Christy! Do you know what the number in the lower right hand corner of the bio pic indicates?

2. pen promulgates profile image78
    pen promulgatesposted 2 months ago

AllAmericanguy,
    Welcome to Hubpages.
    That is Hubber score. You are a Hubber now (congrats). Every Hubber has a score. Don't worry about it much. Concentrate on writing magazine-style qualitative and informative articles.
    I have attached the link of FAQ's for you.
    Read them and also visit the learning center. Few minutes of initial reading benefits much in the future.
    Here is the link
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscore

Good luck.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image84
    Terrielynn1posted 2 months ago

Welcome. Som etimes summaries won't show if you have too many direct links to sites. I list them but don't link them. I looked and don't see your summary either.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Terrielyn, that's not correct.  Your summary is never visible on your Hub, and it has nothing to do with links.

4. pen promulgates profile image78
    pen promulgatesposted 2 months ago

Click on profile and scroll down. Right after your Bio ends, you have list of all the featured articles. On the right hand side of the slider of your articles you have summaries too.

5. AllAmericanguy profile image79
    AllAmericanguyposted 2 months ago

Thank you, everyone!

6. Terrielynn1 profile image84
    Terrielynn1posted 2 months ago

Oh I miss understood than. I thought she meant the summary used at the end of an article. I had one of mine that was edited out but I could see it in edit mode. Rereading it I see she means the one right below the tittle sorry.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

A summary at the end of an article?   There is no such thing.   You can choose to write one as part of your Hub if you like, but it's just part of your text, not a special area.

working