Center Subtitles Over Full Width Photos

1. Bryon Ehlmann profile image84
    Bryon Ehlmannposted 7 weeks ago

I have a suggestion now that all capsules will be full width.

I have revised one of my articles to make all of my photo capsules full width; however, I immediately ran into a problem. When figures (i.e., photo capsules) are half width size and right-justified, you can put them next to the relevant text and capsule subtitles do not interfere with text capsule subtitles, i.e., section headers. However, when photo (and other types of capsules) with subtitles are made full width, their subtitles, being left-justified and the same size and font as text subtitles (i.e., section headers), now interfere with these headers destroying the organization of the article as provided by the section headers. This forced me to eliminate my photo capsule titles and put their text as the first phrase of my figure caption. (Another solution would have been to put them centered on top of but part of the figure itself. But this solution required much more work.)

My suggestion is to now center capsule titles rather than left justifying them.

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I never use subtitles for photo capsules. It looks too messy. You never see photos with subtitles in magazines, only captions underneath.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

I'm the same.  If you look at images in magazines, they never have a title - just a caption.

working