jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)

Sometimes a comment is worth reading!

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 weeks ago

Got a new comment today, on one of my "how to" hubs.

"Do you have a book with all this info? Or is it only online at this point in time? Cause I'd buy your book! I think that would be a real cool idea if it's not already done. Would be pretty convenient as well, for me anyway."

Things like this make it all worthwhile.

1. Blogging Momma profile image84
      Blogging Mommaposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Its  a great idea!  I would definitely buy  a whole  series of your how to books!

wildernessposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Well, thank you!  It's always nice to hear that the hard work has been useful.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

There's nothing preventing you adapting your hubs for a book. Some of mine were used (with permission) in an artists' PDF magazine once.

It could be done, yes.  I have about 10 on different facets of the same thing, and could combine them into a book.  Going into competition with long time, well founded (and financed) other books.  Even though I beat out the online version of those other books, it still isn't worth it to me.

But it is nice to see someone else valued the information.  smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I've received comments like this also, and while they are good for the ego, I don't think people understand how much work it is to create a book, especially when you have no way of knowing how successful it will be.  I put one on Kindle a few years ago on a topic different from the one I address on HP...bummer!  Not worth the effort!

3. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

That is nice!  Very well done.

Thank you!

4. Oscarlites profile image47
      Oscarlitesposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

are you on linked in?   I put one of my truck driving maintenance articles there and it instantly got attention.   its more of a trade/ industry based site..

Actually, I am.  Although I haven't visited in years.

5. jackclee lm profile image74
      jackclee lmposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

That is wonderful. You can self publish books so easily these days. You can use the iPhone and an app called Scanner Pro and create a PDF file that can be uploaded to Photobooks.pro.  They will print the book for very little cost and on demand... You can sell the books at your leisure or here at HubPages... Good luck!

2. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 6 weeks ago

Very nice! I wonder if you could develop a small DIY pamphlet or booklet? It would be easier to produce and you could probably sell a ton (or maybe a few).

Now that's an idea.  I might look into that - could be paid via paypal and send them out on receipt of payment.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I like that one, too.  How would you advertise it?

Put in the hub to email me for a hardcopy.  Might work - I've been asked before if there was a hardcopy and if it could be printed out.  Those hubs get well over 1,000 views per day, combined; no other advertising would reach that many people, and all people that might be interested at the same time.

1. janshares profile image90
            jansharesposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Yep, I say go for it! I think it could be very lucrative. You could also market them to Home Depot and Loew's.

3. Gypzeerose profile image79
    Gypzeeroseposted 6 weeks ago

Or upload them for free through Kindle publishing on Amazon.

working