jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How do I start earning money on HubPages?

1. VoiceOfCreation profile image75
    VoiceOfCreationposted 7 weeks ago

I have been a stay-at-home Mom for five years now, and haven't earned anything but petty cash, so I'm not required to file taxes. Since I have no tax documents, what do I submit to HubPages in order to start earning?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image86
      Jeremy Gillposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

To earn on HubPages, you must first be accepted into the Google Adsense program (which usually happens after writing 10-30 Hubs), and then you'll start earning based on views.

Just be sure you know HubPages can supplement an income, not substitute for one. Even once you're in Adsense, you'll likely be earning dimes a day, and eventually a few dollars.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

This is a question you should ask the team because at some point you will have to pay taxes on the money you make here.  You may also want to contact the IRS for info.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

Have you actually tried filling out the form?

3. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 6 weeks ago

Just fill in the prompts under your Account Set Up page. Yes, they'll need your SSN. I don't earn any money that's taxable, either. The most important thing about writing at Hub Pages is having a comfortable niche. You may want to share your experiences as a stay-at-home mom, you know, things that may useful to know for other moms at home. Learn a little about Google trend and search engine optimization (SEO).

Jeremy is right about not being accepted to AdSense right away; you'll need at least 10 featured hubs. Google doesn't want to create an account for someone who's not going to continue writing. So, a minimum of ten hubs seems to be their criterion.

Welcome aboard! May your experience here be exciting and fun.

4. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 6 weeks ago

Actually, it's been a while since I've signed up here (five years ago), so I'm not 100% certain about needing the SSN, as you are responsible for reporting your taxes as an independent contractor. Just focus on getting some featured hubs to start. When you've reached your 10-hub minimum, the application process goes along fairly easily. Blessings!

5. JvicIndia profile image76
    JvicIndiaposted 6 weeks ago

You have to be wait for some months. Start writing some good quality hubs and apply for adsense. Once your traffic increases, you will start earning. patience and hard work is the key to success here at hubpages.

6. Ryan Cornelius profile image52
    Ryan Corneliusposted 6 weeks ago

Once I signed up that is what I saw until I went to boot camp. The edges I needed ironed out were revealed. It surely was needed. Helped me be better

working