jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: A personal view on the growth of the spiritual.

1. profile image0
    Grigoris Tzanposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article A personal view on the growth of the spiritual stamina (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Stephen Sinclair profile image84
      Stephen Sinclairposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hi Grigoris:

You're a good writer; you can sure bang out copy. With your first sentence, "Has it ever happened to you, to feel grateful because you've got the courage..." you might prefer, "Has it ever happened to you? Feeling grateful because you've got the courage..."

The first subtitle might be better worded "Viewing adversity as a source of inspiration for a spiritual life"

It's possible that English isn't your first language; I don't know any other languages, so, if so, you're running circles around me. God bless you for making the world a better place,

I would probably write this sentence: "In my view, difficulties like the above may stimulate us to introduce into our daily routine a slightly different way of thinking and acting by incorporating into it elements of what I call a spiritual practice."

Like this: "In my view, the above-noted difficulties challenge us to incorporate spiritual practices into our daily routine. Slight changes in thinking are all that is required."

It's possible that you're attempting to fit too much into one article. You've clearly got something to say.

Your punctuation is pretty good, but you need to use more photos, give them captions, and attribute them. You don't have to provide sources, but if you're providing spiritual guidance it would be nice, I suppose, if you could at least quote some type of scripture, or religious professionals, or spiritual books.

This is a beautiful quote:

"Enable you to eliminate the element of judgment and be more human. You may, for example, view a drug user as your brother instead of judging the habits of a third person."

Keep at it, or try another from scratch. I have just as much writing sitting unseen as I do published. This one can still do well. Beef up your authority with photos, videos, and sources.

1. profile image0
        Grigoris Tzanposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hi Stephen

thank you very much for your contribution/help.
        You are right. English is not my first language. I'll try to improve it as you propose. It is a real challenge, a pure spiritual process.

thank you!!

2. pen promulgates profile image78
    pen promulgatesposted 2 months ago

Grigoris,

I tried my best, but could not understand the message of your hub.

Your sentences are very long and hard to interprete.

While you may have written it in correct English, but I still won't call them complete sentences as most of them don't make sense.

HP wants magazine-style, media-rich informative articles. Your article doesn't meet that criteria.

1. profile image0
      Grigoris Tzanposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for your feedback

working