jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Improving quality of the articles

1. JynBranton profile image82
    JynBrantonposted 4 months ago

I'm new to the site but I used to write for Examiner.com so I'm trying to get used to what it takes to be featured and how to best promote traffic? What worked for you?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image96
      Jeremy Gillposted 4 months agoin reply to this

I'm not familiar with the requirements for Examiner, so I'd recommend you browse a few Hubs and get a feel for them.

Getting Featured isn't too hard--just proofread, make sure each Hub is at least 700 words (preferably more), and insert pictures/videos/tables throughout. Make it aesthetically appealing, in other words.

Once you're Featured, the next step is getting your work onto the niche sites, which receives many more views than hubs dwelling on just HubPages.

2. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Welcome to HubPages.

I took a look at your cat hub and here's how to improve it smile

Put your title into title case.

Break up your text into more text capsules with proper subtitles. This will give you the chance to add in an extra photo. One that shows a cat in its carrier, or in the car. People love kitty pics.

Make sure to use apostrophes correctly "Find the right carrier to suit the cats needs" Cat's.

It's a little short, but I'm not sure how you could make it longer. Add in an anecdote about the topic, maybe? What happens if you don't take care to move your cat responsibly?

https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … tellar-Hub

Good luck!

Edit: once the hub is featured, make sure to pin it to Pinterest, esp if you have great (legal-to-use) photos.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

You would do yourself a big favor it you would take the time to read the information in the learning center, which you can access by clicking on the "help" button at the top of this page.

There you will learn what is expected of writers in terms of writing what they call "stellar" hubs.  These would be articles that meet or exceed all of their requirements.

Learning to write here is a long learning curve that you apply over time because there's a lot of it.  Check out a few hubs by other writers (Marisa Wright for one) to see how they format their work, use capsules, etc.

Welcome to HP and good luck!

2. JynBranton profile image82

Thanks!

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago

I have a few Hubs which will help introduce you to the basics of Hubbing. You'll find them on the slider on my profile.  Welcome!

4. JynBranton profile image82

I will check it out. I gave up writing a few years back when I realized there weren't too many writing jobs anywhere when I got out of college

5. Angel198625 profile image94
    Angel198625posted 3 months ago

Try to make hubs at least 500 words, but 1200 is better. Make sure to proofread them before submitting them.
    Break them up so that they are easier to read. Never be afraid of white space. As a general rule of thumb, you could put a break in between every four sentences or so. Also, make sure to use the capsules and subtitles instead of writing one long hub. Images need to be high quality images. If they are pixelated, they may not feature it.
    As far as niche sites go, some articles may automatically get edited by Hubpages and then moved to a niche site. I've had that happen with several of my articles. If they don't, you can submit them to niche sites. Then, if they are declined, they usually tell you what you can do to fix them.
    Niche sites are great because you get more traffic, which means more money.

Hope that helped!

working