jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Contact Author option

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image99
    Stephanie Henkelposted 7 weeks ago

I seem to remember that we could disable the "contact author" option on our hubs, but I can't figure out where to do it -- so many things have changed! Does anyone know if this is still possible. I do not want people to contact me directly anymore and prefer to answer question in the comment section.

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I think you go to your Profile, edit, notification settings (above) hope that helps.  It is possible though that if you do that, you may not even receive fan mail!  Maybe someone can advise on that.

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image99
        Stephanie Henkelposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks, Sallybea. I did finally find it by doing as you suggested, only I had to go into Account Settings while in the Edit Profile mode. I know it's not a perfect solution as I would like to still receive emails from Hubbers, but they can always contact me through Facebook.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I agree. I"ve gotten some very strange emails due to this feature, and some have made me uncomfortable.  Also,  since having comments increases our rankings with Google, why would we want people contacting us directly?  Surely there is a better way to do things!

1. MizBejabbers profile image89
        MizBejabbersposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm sorry that some of you have gotten some emails that made you uncomfortable. I think I received only one troll-type email, so I wouldn't want to turn mine off because I've made some good friends with people who have contacted me from that standpoint.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 7 weeks ago

I have a few hubs where I ask people to send me pictures I can use, and they have.  So there are various ways to use this option.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

I wish the feature wasn't so prominently displayed and I would prefer readers to post their questions on my Hub, too.

However if you turn off the Contact feature, NO ONE, including other Hubbers, can contact you.  So that's not a good idea either.

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I agree I would prefer not to have anyone email me but found out to my cost the other day that it also makes it impossible for me to contact a Hubber who has the feature turned off.  I am not even sure if people realize that this is what happens!  Even trying to send an email via fan mail does not work.  Think this decision which staff should reverse back to how it was before.

working