Testing Promoting Content - New Author Service

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

We are the leaders in building services that support authors in an open publishing environment.  We are investing in editing, improving monetization, and today we started a test to promote content.

Our community and our platform are best suited for creating everyday useful information.  We talk a lot about our strategy of satisfying readers and Google and our mission to be the best place to create useful, media-rich pages on topics you are passionate about.

To continue on this path, today we partnered with an agency to promote content on PetHelpful that will grow useful inbound links directly to articles.  The effort is focused on building resource style links directly to articles from respected sites. 

We believe links are an important part of the search algorithm for the style of content authors create on HubPages and that promoting content in a responsible way is among the toughest challenges for authors that create high-quality content.  Over the next several months, we will make a significant investment and monitor the results as we continue our march!

1. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Awesome news. Can't wait for the tests to reach all niches.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9257203_f248.jpg
      Slow and easy I say...

3. EricDockett profile image96
      EricDockettposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Interesting and very exciting. HubPages once again showing why they have succeeded where other sites have failed. I'm quite curious about how this will work.

4. bravewarrior profile image85
      bravewarriorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good, Paul. But who pays for this "significant" investment?

5. Ashish Dadgaa profile image45
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@Paul,

Wow, that's great news.
      I am glad to see that HubPages is heading for the best smile

6. chef-de-jour profile image97
      chef-de-jourposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sounds promising to me - I leave it to the experts at HP - but just a question or two - Is this an irreversible process? That is, if it backfires will it be detrimental to the whole? Got to be optimistic, HP seems to be on the right track for success at this point in time..

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm all for experimenting on pethelpful. My one, inadequate, fish article deserves to perish for a good cause.

On the other hand, if the links are genuinely worthwhile, and a few could rain down on the YMYL sites wouldn't that be wonderful?

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  Same here - one, inadequate, fish article that deserves to perish is all I've got on the site. It has pretty pictures, though.  big_smile

2. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

That sounds promising!  Thanks for all of your promotional efforts.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I'm glad I publish my articles on HubPages. This news sounds very promising. I look forward to it being done with all niche sites eventually, assuming it works.

4. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

Sounds great, I look forward to seeing the results and possible widespread implementation.

5. Venkatachari M profile image82
    Venkatachari Mposted 6 years ago

A happy news. I am glad to know about these awesome promotional tools introduced to HubPages sites.

Thanks for informing this good news.

I would foresee this feature being introduced to all the niche sites.

6. Coffeequeeen profile image84
    Coffeequeeenposted 6 years ago

I look forward to see the outcome of this.  I do enjoy Hubpages and the community spirit here.

7. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Yay for innovation! I haven't any PetHelpful hubs, but that's okay. If it's good for the site, it's good for all of us. And if it works, then all the niche sites will benefit too. Thank you, Hubpages.

8. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

I hear Fancy Bear have a special package this Autumn:

Five thousand roubles gets you ten links from RT and Sputnik.

Ten thousand roubles gets you 15 links and a new President.

9. NateB11 profile image87
    NateB11posted 6 years ago

Cool.

10. Mekenzie profile image77
    Mekenzieposted 6 years ago

This is exciting.  I appreciate you all and your expertise and desire to see that our articles get seen and read.

11. Solaras profile image93
    Solarasposted 6 years ago

Exciting that you picked that niche.  Is there a reason that you selected that one?

12. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

This is great news. I just hope you are getting links from websites that have actual viewers smile That's the metric Google is considering these days, based on my own tests and also other experts out there.

13. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Sounds like a super-deluxe idea!  Can't wait to see the results!

14. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

Onward and upward, HP staff! smile

15. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I can't help feeling a little bit worried that this is artificial link building.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think it doesn't bode well for my niche.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That was my reaction, too.  Can only depend on Paul and the rest to do what's best - goodness knows I don't know!

16. Leonard Tillerman profile image93
    Leonard Tillermanposted 6 years ago

I have about 6 articles on Pethelpful.  I am interested to see if there are any changes  to my traffic.  Right now one of those articles is doing quite well.  I will let people know if/when there are changes.

17. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

How can I know if my links are correct and draw the views I need?

18. Athlyn Green profile image83
    Athlyn Greenposted 6 years ago

Excellent.

19. paperfacets profile image86
    paperfacetsposted 6 years ago

I hope this paid company will have all the checks and balances we Hub writers have regarding links on our articles.

But I am right, we can link, for example, one Pethelpful article to another PetHelpful article?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes you can, as long as the linked article is relevant to the existing article. However, some editors will still delete it anyway. Luck of the draw as to which editor happens to stumble across it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)