jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

How would you change your life?

1. Fenixfan profile image96
    Fenixfanposted 2 months ago

If you could send a letter back in time to yourself, what would it say and why?

To make the replies more specific, let's say this letter can't contain information on investments or other ways of getting rich. Keeping a current job or going to college to make more money are acceptable. Don't just say you would invest in Amazon or Google. We all know we would do that if we could. This letter should be like a chance to change something you did that affected your life.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hey Bev, stop! Don't marry that psycho.

Fenixfanposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Ah Bev, I too can relate to that sound piece of advice. I have often wondered what my life would have been like and different paths I'd have chosen if I had opted to enjoy the single life a while longer. But then again, I don't know that I would have learned to be as understanding as I am now had I not experienced a failed marriage.

2. k@ri profile image88
      k@riposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I started writing the letter to myself, but kept thinking "if that pain had not happened, this joy would never have come".  In the end I told myself to continue on, lol.

Fenixfanposted 2 months agoin reply to this

That is so true for many of us, including myself. It's hard to tell yourself not to do something if you feel it has actually taught you a lesson that you would never have been able to understand unless you had learned it the hard way.

3. TessSchlesinger profile image96
      TessSchlesingerposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Focus on doing well at school. Take advantage of your connections. Don't respect your mother. Forget about your family.

4. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Be LESS conventional & fearful.  Don't concentrate on security.  Be more artistic & creative. Really live life according to Uranus in my 12th house.   NEVER take a civil service job- if that isn't gray monotony, nothing is.  Would have left my first job(blah, blah, blaaaah) the NEXT day.    Have a creative career which would pay in the SIX figures!       LIVE BEYOND BOUNDARIES..........

2. bhattuc profile image60
    bhattucposted 2 months ago

Interesting. It is something like looking back and analyzing what went wrong so that such things do not repeat in future.

working