I'd like feedback on my article: Free Photo Sites To Use Commercially Or...

1. Annie Wright profile image82
    Annie Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Free Photo Sites To Use Commercially Or Personal Use Including Helpful Information. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
    Annie

2. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

One thing I notice - you are no longer allowed to use the star rating capsule in a general Hub. It's for use in recipes only.

You've found some great new resources for free photos, but I feel it could be improved by trimming it down a bit - it's a long way to scroll!   I'd suggest you delete the long list of categories for each site:  most of them are pretty much the same and cover a wide range, so why mention them?  Besides, the number of photos in each category will change every single day, so it means your Hub is outdated before it's published. If a particular site has some unusual categories, they would be worth mentioning - otherwise, not. 

I always feel bad for photographers when their work is taken without due credit, so I'd like to see you make the licence requirements really clear for these sites. A lot of writers will see the site mentioned on your Hub, think "yippee!  free photos!" and start merrily using photos without reading the site's rules. So for each site, I'd suggest starting your description with something like, "This site offers free photos with no need for attribution" or "this site offers free photos under licence, which means you must credit the site or the photographer according to their rules".

I notice your first photo is from Dreamstime, though you don't mention that site.  I think that's misleading, because (as you know) most photos on Dreamstime are not free.  So I think it would be wiser to avoid using their photos here.

working