I'd like feedback on my article: Top 5 Best Pruning Shears For Your Money -...

1. greenthummy profile image40
    greenthummyposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Top 5 Best Pruning Shears For Your Money - Gardening Tools You Must Not Miss. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image99
    Rupert Taylorposted 3 weeks ago

The watermarked image is a problem; it's not legal to use.

The multiple Amazon capsules will also keep you from passing QAP.

Also, I think HubPages frowns on linking to your other articles.

I suggest you read up on the terms of service.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

Have you been away for a while?   This Hub reads like the sort of article that would've been very successful once upon a time, but now it has several elements that the editors don't like.

I suggest having a read of my Hub on the new Basic Rules, just to make sure you're up to speed.  In particular, note the advice about links - they must be relevant to the TITLE of the Hub.  That means you need to lose all the links to Hubs about other tools, because your title is about pruning shears so that's the only type of tool you can link to.

For your Amazon products, even if you're going to review several models of a product, HubPages wants you to choose the best one and show a product capsule just for it.  However, you can get away with multiple capsules if each model is suitable for a different type of customer.  That is the case with this Hub, but it's not clear enough.

I suggest changing the heading for each pruner so it says what it's good for, e.g. "Best Pruning Shears for Weak Hands - Ratchet Pruning Shears by the Gardener's Friend" and "Best Pruning Shears for Delicate Work - Dramm 60-18014"  etc.   

The important point is that each one needs to be recommended as the best for a particular type of person or job - you can't include two pruners that are best for the same purpose.

I would also include a few words in the Description section of each capsule to summarise the benefits.

Rupert is right - that first photo comes from a stock photo site.  The reason it has a watermark is that it's a sample photo - if you want to use the photo, you have to pay for it.  So it's "illegal" and needs to be changed.

working