jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: How to Start a Greeting Card Business

1. Thish profile image81
    Thishposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article How to Start a Greeting Card Business. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image100
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 weeks ago

There are quite a lot of grammar problems. Here are a few from a couple of paragraphs, with suggested corrections following:

"... but I didn’t had the enough urgency to execute what I wanted."

"but I didn't have the motivation to do what I wanted."

"I had only basic ingredients such as a card paper, some poster paints and colour brushes. All belongs to my daughter."

"I had only basic ingredients such as card paper, some poster paints and colour brushes; all belonging to my daughter."

"But the procrastination in me didn’t took it further."

"But the procrastinator in me didn’t take it further."

"With the past experiences I knew it is going to be a loss business as my daughter herself would eat the half of cookies."

"From experience, I knew it was going to be a losing business because my  would eat half the cookies."

There are random capital letters used for words that are not proper nouns.

There are numerous other grammar errors. Try running the text through a free program such as Grammarly or Hemingway.

Do you have permission to use the images? Are they free of copyright restrictions?

Are your images

1. Thish profile image81
      Thishposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for the great help by pointing out the errors. I will correct them and also start using free grammar programs you suggested. The images I have used are all mine and taken by my camera.
      Thanks Again. Helped a lot.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 weeks ago

I suggesting adding "hand made" to the title.  Most card businesses these days would use digital printing and online ordering.

1. Thish profile image81

Than you for your suggestion and I agree with it. I will change the title. thanks for your time!

4. Thish profile image81
    Thishposted 3 weeks ago

I did a lot of corrections to my article and Saved. Is there a way it can become featured or should I make any request?
    Thanks in advance.

5. Kella Hanna-Wayne profile image90
    Kella Hanna-Wayneposted 3 weeks ago

Consider dividing your first chunk of text into two capsules, with a subheading on the second one. Frequent subheadings make larger chunks of text easier to read, and people are more likely to carry on reading. Maybe something like, "My Daughter Gave Me A Push"

Your second photo that includes the text, "Just a Gift?" is pretty hard to read. The yellow text doesn't contrast enough with the background colors, and because it's a font that resembles hand-writing, I have to carefully read one word at a time. The purple text is better, but where the text runs over the picture of the present, it also becomes unclear. When editing photos to add text, always use colors that contrast significantly with the background: either much lighter, or much darker. Medium tones muddle together, and  anyone with a vision impairment will be unable to read the text at all.

1. Thish profile image81

@Kella Hanna-Wayne
      Thank you so much.. I was busy working on grammar and had no idea how your suggestion can improve the hub. I did all the suggestion you made and it helped a lot. Thanks Heaps!!!

working