jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Thanks facebook for making me lose my audience

1. Mamerto profile image94
    Mamertoposted 3 weeks ago

Okay this should serve as a warning to others to not over promote your hubs. I only promote a hub for once a week in each group, but somehow it was labeled as spam. I lost half of the facebook group I used as promotional platform and that includes several hundreds of visitors.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

As someone who runs a few Facebook groups, um, I probably would count that as spam.  I mean "once a week", doesn't sound like "when it was so relevant that if I didn't post it someone else would."

2. Venkatachari M profile image77
    Venkatachari Mposted 3 weeks ago

You mean you promoted the same article every week?

Even if you share an article in different groups each week, you will be sharing them on the main page only. Because all groups are part of the main page. So, it will be appearing on the main page too often which will be treated as spam.

3. docashp profile image52
    docashpposted 3 weeks ago

How should we promote our hubs on facebook then?

4. Mamerto profile image94

Nope, I promote different hubs each week. I always throw caution to the wind so I won't annoy my group mates. Facebook is now doing tougher stance on spam news. Unfortunately blog articles became  casualties too.

1. tritrain profile image82
      tritrainposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Yeah, Facebook is tough on anything it sees as spam.  I don't know if using url shortners would help.  Hubpages links may have been flagged as 'spammy'.  Just a thought.

1. Mamerto profile image94
        Mamertoposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks! I will try that and this could really help.

5. Mamerto profile image94

Thanks! Probably I did violated some community rules. Anyway good thing I still have reddit.

working