jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

How can I get views for my first article?

1. Dishant Varshney profile image80
    Dishant Varshneyposted 4 weeks ago

It's been almost 7 days since I published my first article on HubPages. But, still I haven't got 100 views on my first article. Please help me so that my words will reach to the valuable and curious readers.

2. newbizmau profile image92
    newbizmauposted 4 weeks ago

It seems like the content is good. It would be easier to read if the article was broken up into smaller sections. Separating them into separate capsules with their own heading title is how most here on Hubpages have designed our articles for better flow and ease of reading. You can find good free pictures to use that do not require you to source and use attribution at Pexels.com I hope this helped you get better views. Posting in the forms helps temporarily but having a better-edited article will increase the chance of someone reading it. The more articles you have the more views you will begin to see as well. One article will not grab a lot of attention.

Dishant Varshneyposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I really appreciate that you took time to guide me. I'll try to separate more.

3. TeriSilver profile image98
    TeriSilverposted 4 weeks ago

Hello, Dishant, welcome to HubPages!   You asked, so here are some thoughts.  As  previously, noted, articles are easier to read and follow when they are broken into small sections with subheaders -- added photographs help with visuals. Also, remember that the average person who accesses internet articles is not necessarily well-versed in the subject, so I always suggest the KISS method that journalists sometimes use; Keep It Simple, Stupid. The easier something is to read, the more opportunity to keep the reader on the page.

A well-written article is necessary, of course, but the subject matter can become daunting when it's presented like a college course. I suggest reading through some of the articles from experienced hubbers (like myself) who are journalists by trade.  We have all had to adapt methods to the internet. Some of us who write for different platforms have learned to disseminate information based on Flesch-Kincaid readability. (Google that; it is basically how "readable" content is for someone's grade or intelligence level).  The internet has changed everything, it really is different than the old-school way of reporting.  Good luck and again, welcome aboard!

Thanks for your help and yeah! I'm gonna apply the KISS method!.

4. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 4 weeks ago

One of my poorest performing hubs is an article about Richard Dawkins and the selfish gene. It has been published about 2 years and has less than 400 page views. So, if you sit around waiting for your articles to get views and do not publish more, you are probably not going to succeed here.
    You need to publish more.
    You need to work on the title so that it reflects the information in the article and is easy to find by persons using the search engines.
    You need to read other hubs, make comments, and then those hubbers might return the favor and read you article and give you some constructive criticism, which you need to follow.(Check out the other suggestions made in this thread. Go back and do some editing.)
    You need to get busy.
    But is this article ever going to get 1000 views a day? I doubt it, but who knows what might happen with a better title and some editing. Good luck.

You're right about the fact that I won't get views until I publish more articles. Sitting idle won't make me a hubber. Thanks!

5. Thomas Finney profile image46
    Thomas Finneyposted 4 weeks ago

Yeah dude one article wont give you that much so quickly unless it's really good, none of my articles have even broke 100 and I have over 120 hubs and been on here for six or so months.

6. BittyBuddha profile image86
    BittyBuddhaposted 4 weeks ago

Hey! I would say find something niche you can talk about. Whats a thing you are interested in? then find a certain subcategory of it. I love talking about relationships- but I specifically do LDRs and advice and am slowly getting into Transgender issues as I gains one experience in my own personal life with that. Those are somewhat small sub sections for people to see. From there you can gain a base. What also helped me is I draw all my own "photos" smile so I gain a unique fanbase from that too. Now, I am not successful. Im only 4 articles in, but have already gained 265 views in a little under 2 weeks. Its going to take time!!

Glad You've gained 265 views in under 2 weeks. Thank you so much for your advice.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 weeks ago

Yes, as others have said, you can't build a following with one hub. When you have many hubs, viewers may seek your other articles out.
    I think you almost answered your own question when, in your hub, you talked about observing an unknown game-- and having to make several moves before you start to understand the game and predict outcomes... and then the rules change. It's kind of like that on HubPages, but you have to be a player--- a patient player.
    Welcome to HubPages; I hope you enjoy the game.

Thank You Ma'am for your words and I'm glad you took time to read my hub.
      Yeah! I need to be a patient player

8. docashp profile image53
    docashpposted 4 weeks ago

Welcome to hub pages Dishant.
    You can promote your hub on social media sites and tell your friends regarding your hub. It  does help when you initially publish a hub.

Yeah! Today, social media has become a source to spread your words and reach your audience. Thanks dude

9. TessSchlesinger profile image96
    TessSchlesingerposted 4 weeks ago

You need to make the title of your article a phrase that is searched for by people. So, for instance, if your title had been 'What is a theory?" it would have drawn some traffic from Google. Well, if a hundred other articles with that title hadn't been written first.

Always make sure that your title is something that people will search for.

10. Evan Bridge profile image60
    Evan Bridgeposted 2 weeks ago

When publishing an article, be sure to pay attention to the title, because this is the first thing the reader will encounter when he sees your text. The title doesn't have to be true, it should be interesting. Its task is not to convey any specific information, but only to attract attention. If the heading is something abstract, then the first paragraph is the basis of the article. It should explain to the reader the need to read the text further. Try to interest the reader in this part of your article.
    Here (by the example of an informal essay) you can find tips and ideas about how to write such articles correctly.
    Don't forget to add images to your posts and articles. Also, the highlighted sections of the text will undoubtedly attract attention.

11. kannanwrites profile image91
    kannanwritesposted 2 weeks ago

To answer your question, write a second article then a third and so on.

The best way to get regular views is to write regularly.

Best of luck!

Dishant Varshneyposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

thnx. dude!. I'm looking forward to this

working