How can I get views for my first article?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Dishant Varshneyposted 6 years ago

It's been almost 7 days since I published my first article on HubPages. But, still I haven't got 100 views on my first article. Please help me so that my words will reach to the valuable and curious readers.

2. newbizmau profile image85
    newbizmauposted 6 years ago

It seems like the content is good. It would be easier to read if the article was broken up into smaller sections. Separating them into separate capsules with their own heading title is how most here on Hubpages have designed our articles for better flow and ease of reading. You can find good free pictures to use that do not require you to source and use attribution at Pexels.com I hope this helped you get better views. Posting in the forms helps temporarily but having a better-edited article will increase the chance of someone reading it. The more articles you have the more views you will begin to see as well. One article will not grab a lot of attention.

1. profile image0
      Dishant Varshneyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I really appreciate that you took time to guide me. I'll try to separate more.

3. TeriSilver profile image96
    TeriSilverposted 6 years ago

Hello, Dishant, welcome to HubPages!   You asked, so here are some thoughts.  As  previously, noted, articles are easier to read and follow when they are broken into small sections with subheaders -- added photographs help with visuals. Also, remember that the average person who accesses internet articles is not necessarily well-versed in the subject, so I always suggest the KISS method that journalists sometimes use; Keep It Simple, Stupid. The easier something is to read, the more opportunity to keep the reader on the page.

A well-written article is necessary, of course, but the subject matter can become daunting when it's presented like a college course. I suggest reading through some of the articles from experienced hubbers (like myself) who are journalists by trade.  We have all had to adapt methods to the internet. Some of us who write for different platforms have learned to disseminate information based on Flesch-Kincaid readability. (Google that; it is basically how "readable" content is for someone's grade or intelligence level).  The internet has changed everything, it really is different than the old-school way of reporting.  Good luck and again, welcome aboard!

1. profile image0

Thanks for your help and yeah! I'm gonna apply the KISS method!.

4. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 6 years ago

One of my poorest performing hubs is an article about Richard Dawkins and the selfish gene. It has been published about 2 years and has less than 400 page views. So, if you sit around waiting for your articles to get views and do not publish more, you are probably not going to succeed here.
    You need to publish more.
    You need to work on the title so that it reflects the information in the article and is easy to find by persons using the search engines.
    You need to read other hubs, make comments, and then those hubbers might return the favor and read you article and give you some constructive criticism, which you need to follow.(Check out the other suggestions made in this thread. Go back and do some editing.)
    You need to get busy.
    But is this article ever going to get 1000 views a day? I doubt it, but who knows what might happen with a better title and some editing. Good luck.

1. profile image0

You're right about the fact that I won't get views until I publish more articles. Sitting idle won't make me a hubber. Thanks!

5. Thomas Finney profile image68
    Thomas Finneyposted 6 years ago

Yeah dude one article wont give you that much so quickly unless it's really good, none of my articles have even broke 100 and I have over 120 hubs and been on here for six or so months.

6. BittyBuddha profile image66
    BittyBuddhaposted 6 years ago

Hey! I would say find something niche you can talk about. Whats a thing you are interested in? then find a certain subcategory of it. I love talking about relationships- but I specifically do LDRs and advice and am slowly getting into Transgender issues as I gains one experience in my own personal life with that. Those are somewhat small sub sections for people to see. From there you can gain a base. What also helped me is I draw all my own "photos" smile so I gain a unique fanbase from that too. Now, I am not successful. Im only 4 articles in, but have already gained 265 views in a little under 2 weeks. Its going to take time!!

1. profile image0

Glad You've gained 265 views in under 2 weeks. Thank you so much for your advice.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Yes, as others have said, you can't build a following with one hub. When you have many hubs, viewers may seek your other articles out.
    I think you almost answered your own question when, in your hub, you talked about observing an unknown game-- and having to make several moves before you start to understand the game and predict outcomes... and then the rules change. It's kind of like that on HubPages, but you have to be a player--- a patient player.
    Welcome to HubPages; I hope you enjoy the game.

1. profile image0

Thank You Ma'am for your words and I'm glad you took time to read my hub.
      Yeah! I need to be a patient player

8. docashp profile image74
    docashpposted 6 years ago

Welcome to hub pages Dishant.
    You can promote your hub on social media sites and tell your friends regarding your hub. It  does help when you initially publish a hub.

1. profile image0

Yeah! Today, social media has become a source to spread your words and reach your audience. Thanks dude

9. TessSchlesinger profile image61
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 years ago

You need to make the title of your article a phrase that is searched for by people. So, for instance, if your title had been 'What is a theory?" it would have drawn some traffic from Google. Well, if a hundred other articles with that title hadn't been written first.

Always make sure that your title is something that people will search for.

10. kannanwrites profile image92
    kannanwritesposted 6 years ago

To answer your question, write a second article then a third and so on.

The best way to get regular views is to write regularly.

Best of luck!

1. profile image0

thnx. dude!. I'm looking forward to this

11. harrynielsen profile image91
    harrynielsenposted 6 years ago

Write a second article.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)