jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Into the Woods The Hunters Go (Sort Of)

1. moorrless profile image79
    moorrlessposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Into the Woods The Hunters Go (Sort Of) (must be signed in to view).

I posted this before asking for help and made the changes that were suggested and apparently they still hate it.  If anyone has any other suggestions about what might be wrong with this I would appreciate it as I am out of ideas. I am ready to delete it.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Link's not working.

I read it before and suggested you move it to Creative Writing. Not sure why it hasn't been accepted this time. Is it a tad too personal? HubPages doesn't like articles that read like blog posts. If you could write it up as a short story, that might work.

Anyway, it depends what you want from writing here. If you want to publish creative writing, then that's fine. However, if you want to earn a little money, you have to write commercially viable articles.

The Learning Center: https://hubpageshelp.com/

moorrlessposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

It originally was posted on my blog. They have featured a couple of other things I wrote that originally appeared in my blog and even put one in Letter Pile, so I am truly not sure what they want.  I seem to be getting mixed messages here.  Thinking maybe this is not the site for me?

Is it still on your blog? If it is, it will be classed as duplicate content.

No it was there about seven years ago and the title and content are different.

2. moorrless profile image79

Not sure what happened with the link but here it is:
            Into the Woods The Hunters Go (Sort Of)

I don't know what to suggest really. You could move the photo up the page. You'd have to break up the text by adding another text capsule.

Maybe make it a little longer... as much as I hate to say it, it's not riveting, is it? There's no drama. It's not presenting anything new or very original. Sorry.

However, don't give up on HubPages. Explore a little. Visit the niche sites where the top quality material is sitting. Do Google searches for :

Edit: The site is first with the description underneath.

AxleAddict
              Cars, Trucks, and other Vehicles
              Bellatory
              Fashion and Beauty Products
              CalorieBee
              Diet and Exercise
              Delishably
              Food and Cooking
              DenGarden
              Indoor and Outdoor Home Improvement
              Exemplore
              Creepy and Cryptic
              FeltMagnet
              Arts and Crafts
              HealDove
              Modern Health and Wellness
              HobbyLark
              Fun and Games
              Holidappy
              Holidays and Events
              HowTheyPlay
              Sports
              LetterPile
              Reading and Writing
              LevelSkip
              Video Games
              Owlcation
              Education
              PairedLife
              Relationships
              PetHelpful
              Pet Care
              ReelRundown
              Movies and Cinema
              RemedyGrove
              Natural Health and Wellness
              SkyAboveUs
              Outdoor Life
              SoapBoxie
              Politics
              SpinDitty
              Music
              TatRing
              Tattoos and Body Art
              ToughNickel
              Money and Finance
              TurboFuture
              Tech and Gadgets
              WanderWisdom
              Travel and Vacation
              WeHaveKids
              Children and Family

You might find inspiration there that matches with your interests smile

This style is where I do my best writing, so I am just wondering if anyone knows of another site out there that would suit me better.  If it does not fit with HubPages style it is probably not a good fit.  Would appreciate any suggestions anyone has so I can find my niche.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

Looking at all three of your submissions, I can see why you're confused about what HubPages wants.

HubPages says it wants long, information-rich, magazine-style articles, preferably over 800 words and ideally, hitting the sweet spot at around 1,500 words. The article should be meeting a need - perhaps answering a question, explaining how to do something, offering a solution to a problem.  HubPages LOVES it when you write that kind of Hub based on your personal experience of the question/task/problem/product, rather than research. 

However the rules say, clearly, that they don't want "PURELY personal" stories - if the story doesn't offer a lesson or helpful information to a stranger, then it doesn't belong on HubPages.

And yet, not only have they accepted two of your Hubs, but they've moved one to Letterpile, even though they're basically personal musings on your life. I find that surprising, but I see there's a section on Letterpile called "Personal Essays", so perhaps they're relaxing the rule slightly.

I'd suggest either putting this Hub in the "Personal Essays" category, or rewriting it as a fictional story about hunters.

Thanks.  I may try putting it in personal essays and see what happens.

working