jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: My Opinion and Experience with Prescription...

1. christymoss profile image61
    christymossposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article My Opinion and Experience with Prescription Drugs (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Jean Bakula profile image98
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hello Christy,

You need to make more separate paragraphs to make the piece easier on the eyes for the reader. It's something I often do wrong too. Each time you change the subject, it's a new paragraph.

The article reads like the information is a bit scattered. Maybe make categories or headings about each medication, and then talk about the side effects? It gets a little overwhelming. Also, at least one picture would help break up the text more, it has to be found on a source that allows you to use photos on the public domain, such as pixabay.com, pexels.com, or even wikipedia.org (in that case enlarge the picture and see who and how to attribute it to the right person, museum, etc). It can even be a photo of a group of generic pill bottles.

Also, the administration doesn't really like outgoing links. They claim we are allowed two on each hub, but many of us have found out that isn't so. Look up how to use anchor text on the rules.

You have interesting information, but it needs to be organized a little better. I hope that helps.

Good luck with it.

christymossposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thanks so much. I will redo when I have the time and I really appreciate your response and great suggestions!

2. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Your article needs to be more structured. At the moment it reads as though you sat down and typed out what was in your head, moving from one random sentence to the next... and that's fine for a first draft. However, you need to make a list of the points you are trying to get across.  You need to separate your personal experience from the 'facts' section. You also need to add in some credible research. Imagine if you were writing it for a print magazine.

You also need to learn how to format an article correctly, with paragraphs, subheadings (using more than one text capsule, and bullet points. Remember that people will be reading this on their mobile devices, and at the moment they'll be looking at one big block of text.

Start here:

https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … ng-hubtool

https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … at-content

The Learning Center: https://hubpageshelp.com/

For a general overview and answers to your questions read the FAQ: https://hubpages.com/faq/

Wow...very helpful.  Thank you.

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 5 months ago

Read the information provided above, but  keep in mind that even if you improve this article almost no one is going to read it. Do you ever do a search for "My personal opinion and experience"? I would guess not. As it is set up and titled, the only people that might read it are those you know personally or on social media.
    If you want more readers, you can write an article about the problems with taking cipro, another about mixing numerous prescriptions and the dangers, etc. Hubs need to be like articles, and contain some useful information.

This is very true.  Good insight!

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago

Christy, the Learning Center has lots of good information, but perhaps a bit TOO much.  I have a few Hubs written especially for new Hubbers, you'll find them on the slider on my profile.  You may find them more digestible.

The most important thing is to understand what HubPages is.  It's not a place to blog.  It's a place to write high quality articles - the kind you would read in a good magazine.  They should be at least 800 words and ideally, around 1,500 words, and nicely illustrated with some good photos (again, like in a magazine).   If you want to make money, you do that by writing Hubs that provide helpful information to people - write Hubs that answer someone's question, or solve someone's problem.   Sharing your personal experience is good, but ask yourself how your personal experience can help someone else, and write about it from that angle.

christymossposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Marisa, I will visit a little later on and appreciate it!

working