I'd like feedback on my article: Hummer – Whatever happened to the Hummer?

1. Ken Burgess profile image87
    Ken Burgessposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

As Irony would have it, an article I wrote that had more traffic in one day (150 hits) than any other article I have written has had in a month I cannot get featured, despite a rewrite and resubmit and full compliment of photos & etc. Will you please give feedback on my article Hummer – Whatever happened to the Hummer?. And note what you think it would take to get it featured? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

The article looks good.  Often when you have a long, informative article that's not getting featured, the problem is links. 

The rules about links are now very strict.  They must be directly relevant to the title of your Hub, and they must not be self-promotional.  Having said that, your links seem to meet that criteria.  I'm wondering if it's the way you've added them that's the problem.

Although it's not a rule, HubPages doesn't like to see bare links stuck into a Hub with no context.

If you're just acknowledging your sources, then head that section "Sources" instead of "References", and create it using a Links capsule so you can put the name of the site and a brief explanation of what it's about. 

On the other hand, if you think the reader would be interested, you need to put those links into sentences that let the reader know why to click them.   For instance, why are  you referencing the history link?   Does it give more information that you haven't covered?  If so, then say, "You can find a more detailed history of the Hummer at GMHummer.com", and make "GMHummer.com" a hyperlink to the history page.

The same goes for your final link.  That brief sentence with "here" as the link isn't informative enough.

1. Ken Burgess profile image87
      Ken Burgessposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply, I will make those changes.  Most appreciated.

working