jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: All Browser Downloads for Computers,...

1. compu-smart profile image65
    compu-smartposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article All Browser Downloads for Computers, Smartphones & Android Devices. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image98
      theraggededgeposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

So this is a previously featured hub? I wonder whether one or more of the links are bad or considered to be spammy? Have you checked them all recently? Some might work but go to the wrong pages. Also, if more than two go to the same domains, that will trip the filter.

I'd take 'All' out of the title and replace the & with 'and'. Do the same with subtitles.

Do you need all the alphabetical stuff? It's pretty obvious they are in alphabetical order.

That's all I can suggest really.

compu-smartposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

BIG THANKS. I have a busy day today:)

2. compu-smart profile image65
        compu-smartposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks for taking the time to offer me  valuable feedback which I will work on today.

2. Marketing Merit profile image97
      Marketing Meritposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

The layout looks really messy. As Bev has said, there's a lot of the alphabetical stuff that can be removed.

The links aren't essential and should be removed.

Furthermore, you don't provide sufficient information about the browsers. The article would be far better if you selected a handful of browsers for the operating systems and explained the pros and cons for each. As it stands, this is extremely thin information which is not too dissimilar to articles on the likes of Wikipedia.

1. EricFarmer8x profile image97
        EricFarmer8xposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

As somebody who works with multiple web browsers, this article tells me nothing at all. Why would I use any of these alternative browsers? Some of these I never heard of before so a nice description of them could get me interested. I would focus on a few and write more details about that small group. Like you said.

compu-smartposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks Eric for taking your time out to help.

I already have a hubpage article where I do review the top 5 browsers.
          https://hubpages.com/technology/What-is … st-browser

The page you looked at is a page/place is where people can try, see and review for themselves which ones they prefer. As I always say, what's good for the Goose, may not be good for the Gander.....What I like and need from a browser may be totally different to what others like or prefer from a browser. 

I think I will delete it. I do not have the time to download, install and review every one. Nowadays, I'm all about making life easier, and less about generating revenue.

Again Eric, much appreciated for the feedback.

1. theraggededge profile image98
            theraggededgeposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I can absolutely see the point of the article. More information would make it too long. It's a good list of available browsers, many of which I've never heard of.

Hubpages does allow link curation in some cases... and I think this should be one of them. Don't delete it. If you can't get it through, just hang onto it -- you might be able to publish it elsewhere.

compu-smartposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Initially there were NO click-able links to each browsers download location. I emailed Hubpages to ask whether I ought to have them. I got no reply, so I thought it would be better to have them. After spending days adding them, I'm told it's NOT good to have them so I removed them all.

I don't get any search phrase stats for that article, and I think to do us all a favour, it would be best deleted, or as you mentioned published elsewhere!.

# thinking About It

working