jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Type 2 Diabetes And Common Life

1. Gnbvi68 profile image59
    Gnbvi68posted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Type 2 Diabetes And Common Life (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. AliciaC profile image100
    AliciaCposted 4 weeks ago

Hi, Gnbvi68. I think the first thing you need to do is to correct the English errors in your article. These errors interfere with the health information that you're trying to share. In addition, unless you're a doctor, I think you should be very careful about how you word the sections describing treatment. Other things should be done as well, such as rewording the title, adding references for the information that you include in the article, and adding photos and their sources.

3. theraggededge profile image98
    theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago

I don't understand your title.

Your title hints (I think) at maintaining a normal life while dealing with Type 2. However, you don't mention anything about it.

Writing about topics that are well covered by authoritative sites is pointless. A complete waste of time. Unless you are a  medical expert and can offer a new perspective, you may as well forget it.

4. Natalie Frank profile image95
    Natalie Frankposted 4 weeks ago

Hi, Gnbvi68,

There are two things, in addition to what has been suggested, that I'd recommend.  First, your article really doesn't include anything but the most basic information about Type II diabetes which is covered countless other places.  To make your article more engaging, try looking up trending information on Type II diabetes such as trending research topics, differences in children and adults with the illness, maintaining quality of life when you have it, differences in rates and presentations in different countries, what everyone should know about it etc. Try to find something that hasn't been covered extensively.  The other thing I'd suggest is finding someone you trust to read the article when you're done to help you edit it so it makes sense when it is read. Many of your sentences don't seem to read well in English and this will cause readers to fail finish the article.  Hope this helps.  Good luck in your future writing endeavors.

1. Gnbvi68 profile image59
      Gnbvi68posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you Natalie

5. Natalie Frank profile image95
    Natalie Frankposted 4 weeks ago

You are welcome.  Good luck.

6. Terrielynn1 profile image94
    Terrielynn1posted 4 weeks ago

You have confused some type 2 issues with type 2. Some of your titles need to be more focused on what you're talking about. Type 2 is not always controlled by diet and exercise.  I find your statement about sugar causing my diabetes offensive. You really need to do more research. Metformin is for type 2 not type 1. type 1 has to have insulin. You might want to look this over again.

7. Terrielynn1 profile image94
    Terrielynn1posted 4 weeks ago

ops type 1 with type 2.

working