jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Has HealDove recovered?

1. NateB11 profile image95
    NateB11posted 4 weeks ago

From my point of view it has not. Just curious if there is any other news on the progress of fixing it or if anyone has recovered from the loss.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I think it mostly depends on which aspect of health issues you write about.

I don't imagine those dealing with illnesses will ever do well because there is just so much competition.  However, there are many other things people can write about that fall under this category such as general well being, insurance issues and the like.

I mostly write about those and while my articles aren't burning up any worlds, they're doing OK.

2. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 4 weeks ago

I seem to be heading for a record low, although time of year may be something to do with that.

3. ryanpugs profile image60
    ryanpugsposted 4 weeks ago

HealDove will probably never recover, Google has launched an all out assault on medical content which is not written by suitably qualified medical professionals (and probably backed up by the type of organisation with appropriate liability insurance).

Seen numerous large previously successful health related sites being sold on flippa, and when you delve into the verified traffic + revenue stats they have all been obliterated, the owners have given up and are trying to palm them off onto other people who may (probably mistakenly) that they can fix them up.

That's why Hubpages separated medical stuff from alternative health / holistic.

Obviously a lot of people who just write about their personal experience with an illness or disease are going to get caught up in that, but its probably the right decision from them.... a lot of pseudoscience and quackery out there which costs lives when people decide to search google instead of visiting a doctor.

That's the point in all these niche sites though isn't it.... isolate content by topic / niche / subject and a small amount of content on site X can't drag down all the content on Sites A, B, C, D, Y and Z when niche X becomes toxic.

4. Will Apse profile image93
    Will Apseposted 4 weeks ago

My single page on Healdove is still  75 percent down. I am curious to know if  Remedygrove has shown any life yet.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image99
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 weeks ago

My former best earning article was on HealDove, and it had not recovered. As of a couple of weeks ago, it had dropped from an all-time high of about 400 views a day (that only lasted a few weeks) to about 60 views a day.

At my request, it has been moved to RemedyGrove. Since then there has been a further drop to between 40 and 50 views a day. I was getting about 20 views a day directly from Healdove, so I guess this makes sense, and I was forewarned by HP that moving an article could cause loss of traffic. Still, I am hoping that this move will show improved traffic in the long-run.

6. NateB11 profile image95
    NateB11posted 4 weeks ago

Okay, so just as I suspected, considering the responses here. Looks like HealDove might be permanently on the fritz - or, at least, still is and will be for awhile. I had an article still doing pretty good on there but it's taking a tumble.

7. Will Apse profile image93
    Will Apseposted 4 weeks ago

The expert review thing is designed to deal with this issue. We will just have to hope that it has an effect. It might be more successful on some sites than others. Healdove will be the toughest to bring round, I reckon. It might need genuinely high quality expertise thrown at every page.

Pairedlife and Caloriebee might be easier.

8. TessSchlesinger profile image95
    TessSchlesingerposted 4 weeks ago

Nothing ofmine on HealDove is drawing any traffic. It used to. Remedy Grove - so so. Not writing any more 'healing' articles.

working