jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hubpages:Question of the Week- What is you favorite verses from the bible? Why?

1. vanteezy profile image32
    vanteezyposted 8 years ago

Hubpages:Question of the Week- What is you favorite verses from the bible? Why?

Mines is Proverbs 13:20 because is helps me find people to associate myself with to lead to success

2. carolegalassi profile image58
    carolegalassiposted 8 years ago

I have so many favorite verses from the Bible depending on what emotions or trials I'm currently undergoing. But if I were to choose a "life verse", it would be 2 Chronicles 16:9
    "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him."

Why: Because this verse tells me that trusting and keeping my faith in God honors Him. That He is ACTIVELY searching for hearts who remain strong and faithful to Him. That is encouraging to know that the God of the universe seeks those who are loyal and when He finds them, He makes Himself strong, meaning will give me the strength or whatever encouragement we need from Him. Alleluia.

3. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Me too.  I have a lot of favourite verses but I'll just give you this:

Isaiah 43:18,19
    Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth. Shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

It encourages me not to look at any negative situation that has happened. Also, no matter how hopeless a situation is, God can make a way and bring a solution.  Wilderness has no way, you'll get lost - but Almighty God can make a clear way.  You can't find water in the Desert, but not only will God get water, He will make rivers.  So, He can do the impossible. Remember how He amazingly parted the red sea and the Israelites walked through on dry land in the middle of the sea.........Awesome!!.   God is able to do all things if only we believe when we ask Him to.

4. Karma Freedom 97 profile image55
    Karma Freedom 97posted 8 years ago

I have 3...

My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

- Psalm 57:4

And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbor.

- Zechariah 8:17a

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

- Matthew 15:19

These all sum up to one key point and that is that one sin will always lead to another.  A good thing to remember before you tell that little white lie. 

I like using these with my children to teach them about honesty and integrity.

5. surfgatinho profile image82
    surfgatinhoposted 8 years ago

'It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven'

Matt 19:23 - 24

I like this one as it exposes all those evangelical preachers who are raking it in as the immoral frauds they really are