jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Need Help

1. SunSeven profile image69
    SunSevenposted 10 years ago

Hi Paul,

While working on a Hub yesterday my browser(Firefox 2.0.0.10) crashed. Afterwards I am not able to edit my hub, moderate comments and view stats of individual Hubs. What should I do now?

Thanks and Regards

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

Are you getting javascript errors?  If so the solution is usually to hold down shift and hit refresh to be sure you have the latest and a complete copy of the HubPages javascript file.  If that doesn't solve the problem you're going to have to give me some more detail about the problems you are having.

3. SunSeven profile image69

Thanks Paul. I do not know whether it is javascript error. because no error message is shown. It is just that nothing happens when I click on 'approve' button on the comments, or when I click on 'view stats' on individual hubs, and when I click on 'edit' (on capsules) inside edit hub. One more thing, it just shows 'Transfering data from www.google-analytics.com...' in the bottom band on the browser when I click on the buttons mentioned above. I restarted Firefox, removed cookies, restarted the pc etc. But to no avail. Also, no capsule is getting added when I try to edit the hub I was working on yesterday.

4. Lissie profile image79
    Lissieposted 10 years ago

Sun I know this is hearsay but try using IE - will tell you if its a browser issue for a start..

5. SunSeven profile image69

Thanks for the suggestion Llissie. I tried it with Opera 9.2 and it crashed. But on IE 6 everything went fine. Paul, Its a browser problem I guess. But then HP is supposed to be optimized for Firefox. Perhaps the latest update is causing it?. I updated only yesterday. How do I roll back? I am more comfortable using FireFox. Thanks

6. SunSeven profile image69

The problem with Firefox persists Paul!

7. SunSeven profile image69

Its working alright now Paul. Thanks

8. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

We didn't change anything. There must be something strange with the firefox upgrade.

9. SunSeven profile image69

I thought so too. I didn't see too many of us complaining about this. Thanks a lot Paul for looking into this.
    Best Regards

10. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 10 years ago

I am using a mac, and since "upgrading" to leopard, I lost my drop down menus in Firefox and have had to switch to Camino - which works just fine. I prefer Firefox as a browser though. Oh well.....

working