jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

I still don't get the adsense thing

1. Jason Zimmerman profile image59
    Jason Zimmermanposted 8 years ago

I still don't understand adsense. I have google ads all over my Hub's does that mean that I AM adertising adsense. or is there something else I have to do. it is very confusing to me. I have one hub inperticular that has 49 views but has not generated any cash. That's ok if it takes a lot more than that, but I just want to know if I am missing out on anything. Your help would be greatly appericiated.

1. getpaidtopost profile image40
      getpaidtopostposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Visitors to your hub have to click on the ads to generate money,
      If they dont click the ads, which 99% of the time they dont, you will not generate any money.

Since being here 2 weeks ago I have not even made $1.00 and I have spent around 200 hours on it. Think I should just post on my own site.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You're making the same mistake as most new Hubbers - assuming the money is instant.  It's not.  It took me 3 months to make a dime on HubPages, even though I wrote 55 Hubs in my first couple of weeks.  Since then I've written only one Hub a month, if I'm lucky - yet I'm earning about $50 a month.

I don't know why it takes a while for your Hubs to take off, but everyone has the same experience - Hub earnings improve gradually with time.  Of course, that assumes your Hubs are well written and on topics people want to read about.  I'm wondering how you've managed to spend 200 hours if you've only got 4 Hubs, though?

1. getpaidtopost profile image40

I know the money is not instant however I have a few ways to generate traffic and promote hubs and this should have generated a good few clicks especially when the I created the hubs with SEO in mind and have relevant high click rate ads displayed. I think people just dont click ads anymore.

1. profile image0
            Janettaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

you have to be patient. You only have four hubs. Unless you are getting thousands of views a piece on them, they are not going to generate you a tone of money right off the bat.  I agree with Marisa--it isn't an instant success. You can't post four hubs in two weeks and expect money to start rolling in. Just because you know how to generate traffic, doesn't mean people will want to read what you wrote. You need traffic, readers who are interested in your topic, clicks and patience.  Just because you researched keywords or whatever doesn't mean the hub will generate money.

1. Jason Zimmerman profile image59
              Jason Zimmermanposted 8 years agoin reply to this
      2. packerpack profile image60
        packerpackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Are we allowed to speak like this about our earning from Adsense. Is it not against Adsense TOS?

1. BristolBoy profile image79
          BristolBoyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I believe values are fine.  It is eCPM, CTR etc that Adsense don't like!

2. BristolBoy profile image79
          BristolBoyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I believe values are fine.  It is eCPM, CTR etc that Adsense don't like!

3. Kudlit profile image75
        Kudlitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The ad placement in Hubpages is pretty good and converts very well for me. I only have over 3000 visits last May and earned over $20. That's my first month.

I haven't really added anything new for almost a week now.

2. getpaidtopost profile image40

is this your adsense id 6123364595733986 if so then this is working fine.

2. bgpappa profile image82
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

You have to put your adsense ID number into the appropriate place on the affiliates page.  You really won't start making any money until you have at least 1000 page views.  It takes time and patience, but you will do fine.

Just having the ads is not enough, you have to have Your adsense ID number in the right place.

3. DennisBarker profile image59
    DennisBarkerposted 8 years ago

I've been active here for about 6 weeks after a break of 3 years.
    Got my head around the basic principles but havn't got a clear idea of what eCPM indicates. Is that the potential earning ability per thousand views?

working