Why do you answer questions on HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Why do you answer questions on HubPages?

Is it to get rated up on your answer?
    Is it to gain exposure and you hope to get more fans(followers)?
    Is it because you genuinely like answering others' questions?
    Some other reason?

2. H P Roychoudhury profile image41
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 14 years ago

The interesting question – ‘Why do you answers questions in hub pages?”  - is pointing to the integrity of the person. Certainly it would depend upon the interest and the mode of nature and character of the individuals. For me I am genuinely answering the question for which I am benefited immensely which I am unable to express only by writing because feeling and satisfaction can not be measured by the writing of a pen but it does not mean that I am in disguise of my mind is not scrabbling for rate-up, exposure and more fans which is a natural instinct of human beings and I can not be an exception or who ever he or she may be.

3. beth811 profile image76
    beth811posted 14 years ago

You answered your own questions. Newbies here in Hubpages asked many questions so we will support them. Others are for fun.

4. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 14 years ago

First, I genuinely like answering others' questions if I know the answer.
    Second, to see what people are thinking nowadays.
    Third, to get ideas !

5. HubCrafter profile image60
    HubCrafterposted 14 years ago

Hi Jeffrey:

I love questions.

It's how so many good and funny things begin.

Like that old guy on 60 minutes. You know. The one with the whiney voice who always says, "You know what I don't understaaand?" -That guy.

Let's look at YOUR question, Jeffrey. (...and tuck in your shirt. JK, lol.)

(Ooops! Did your eyebrows just move?....Please don't be offended by my little literary device. It's just me... interjecting another character into the discussion. (like my Mother-in-law) It's a love/hate thing for most folks. Either you get it or you're outta here... sorry, dude.)

OK. Back to the future. Your question fascinates me.

You offer 5 possible answers.

Sup widdat mun? I gotta keep it real. Make my OWN rules. It's like the Man; talkin' smack, puttin' me down.

Not really, but you got me goin with the way you phrased it.

The first three possible answers..I'm some cold-hearted, calculating killer, stalking my next on-line victim.

The middle one: that's me. warm, kind, gentle. I take little old ladies across the street because THEY want to go.

And the last...smells just a little...of paranoia. JK. But... conspiracies happen...especially on-line, man.

Anyway. Thanks for asking.

P.S. Stop by. I'm open all night.

HubCrafter

6. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I believe it increases exposure and maybe does something with the Karma rating.  If I ever find a question I can actually answer I'll let you know.

7. jack2jacob profile image58
    jack2jacobposted 13 years ago

what will be the intention behind asking a question? its simple to know about something that we dont know......here in hubpages, like you said all the answers that is to gain exposure and you hope to get more fans(followers),genuinely like answering others' questions and Some other reasons may be...whatever may be the reason, but there will be one intention behind it.....my intention of answering is to share my ideas, knowledge to others who are in trouble with something.....thats why they are asking questions to others who can help him....similar way you want to know the intention of answering of others query, thats what people here are trying to say here......hope you got it! heehee

8. KKalmes profile image60
    KKalmesposted 13 years ago

I don't answer questions very often because I don't find very many questions intriguing enough to warrant the time and effort.

9. David 470 profile image82
    David 470posted 13 years ago

I like answering questions for many reasons, sometimes I can see what people's opinions are on certain things...

Its considered being active in hubpages..which is good..

Answers should be answered to ones best of there ability. If they have no idea what the answer is, then they should not reply...

10. chspublish profile image77
    chspublishposted 13 years ago

A very good question to ask, because I see from the varied answers, it just proves the point that there are as many answers as there are people.
    I like to have a go, anyway and talk back, I guess, to just join in and see what happens.
    I often don't have very informative answers like some people, but I guess, I like to think I can join in.
    A very good question, though, I like it.

11. Johnvegan profile image56
    Johnveganposted 12 years ago

I give the answer because i know the answer and want to know the better answer i have given till now...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)